Man with a Plan

Phil3822

Hello all,

I started Cambridge Diet on Sunday 19th August weighing 19stone 4lbs. This is the heaviest I have ever weighed. I love food and am lazy so this has resulted in massive weight gain. I am aged 28, 29 next week and really want to get as close to my target by Christmas Eve.

Once upon a time I weighed 17stone 7lbs and did the Cambridge and reached my target. I then maintained 12stone 7lbs for about 4 years. I then got married, got promoted at work and had children. I felt comfortable in every way and the weight started creeping on. I got back up to about 17stone and knew I needed to do something so have tried Slimming World, Special K diet plus a few others. Another year later and I am now into the 19stone range.

I am an all or nothing kinda guy which is why the Cambridge plan is good for me. It removed the food and the hassle. I only enjoy the chocolate tetras so will stick to these. I never seem to get bored of them and hated the powder shakes with a passion.

If I cheat at all or fall off the wagon I will fail big time cause I can never get straight back on. I feel shame, guilt, defective plus a whole bunch of other stuff.

I hope to use this thread as a bit of a blog but also hope to recieve support. I am finding now on day 5 my concentration levels are not good and have found even writing this difficult.

Phil.

Good luck with your journey, i started back in March a little heavier than you, i've lost 6 stone now :) 3 more to go!

Thanks for your response. You have had great weight loss. I am feeling really positive this time around I will do it. Hope this feeling continues.

Being in the right mind set you can achieve anything!

Hiya phil wanted to say good luck at lesst you know wot to expect and that it works! Xx

Good luck Phil, I'm another restarter, having gained back the 4st that I lost with a lot more besides. We can do this x :D

YOU CAN DO IT PHIL!!!!!!!!!!! I restarted 11 days ago - this is the longest I've stuck to a restart since I first did this diet. I didn't reach goal though xx

Phil - you sound really down. I know it's hard to start again with weight loss. I lost and gained 3stones in 10 months last year (not on CD) and it was really hard to start again this year. I found that after I lost the first stone I felt far more positive about my diet - gave me the boost I needed. I am sure you'll feel better when you lose a bit of weight. You've come to the right place for support - I couldn't have managed 30weeks without the forum. No need to feel shame or guilt - we're all out of control! Just decide that this is the last diet and crack on - your future starts here....

Hey mate :D you've done it once so you can def do it again plus you know that guys have fantastic losses when you stick to it 100% :D go hard haha this forum is awesmazing for support so if you ever feel like your slipping get on here and these ladies (and some guys ;) will push you onwards and downwards mate.

Good luck Phil I started in April and lost 4st8 so far I started at 19.5 so know how u feel :) I'm over half way now and want to get as close to 10.7 by Xmas as possible :)

week 1-4 =-11/2stone, week 5-8 = -18lb, week 9-12 = -13lb, week 13-16 = -4lb = 4st lost so far :) , Week 17 = -3lb = -59lb lost , Week 18 = 2lb lost = 61lb lost, Week 19 = 3lb lost = 64lb lost

Good luck Phil. I am kinda like you its all or nothing. I plan to have a weeks break from this in october as i have a few mini holidays booked but i am starting to panic about coming off it in case i cant get back on it :-(

Thanks all for the replies. Very kind. I am still 100% and feeling good about things. I have weigh in tomorrow so looking forward to that. You people have some great losses and stories. I have cancelled all the weekend breaks, holidays etc I can for the rest of the year in order to make it easier for me. Sounds hard and dysfunctional but it works for me. I have a few other arrangments which I will try to get out of. If I have to much temptation, pressure to be naughty etc then it makes it to hard. Harder than it needs to be.

Good luck to you all too.

Best of luck Phil. I lost 7 stone on CD a few years ago. Unfortunately, I didnt change how I was eating and it all went back on. I am wanting to start back soon, well, with another food-replacement diet first until I have used all of them up, then when I get some money coming in, I want to go back to Cambridge. I used SS+ when I was on CD last and that helped me a lot as you had a very small meal in the evening. That really helped me to focus as if I felt like straying from the diet, I just reminded myself that I need to stay on the diet and I can still have a small meal in the evening. I found the diet difficult at the beginning but it soon become a way of life for me, to a point where I had the shakes without even thinking about it. Anyway, hope you have a good weigh-in.

Well I had my first weigh in yesterday afternoon and I have lost 12lbs this week. Very happy with that for my first week and have really kept to things 100%.

12lbs is amazing - hope that's given you a boost! I'm coming to the end of my journey and it is amazing how quick the journey was - and I lose weight extremely slowly. Keep up the good work -

12lbs wow thats great. You will be well motivated for this week now :D

Back