Management Advice please???

Malinky

Hi Everyone,
I've made a decision to start Management next week. I'm 6lb off my target still but will lose at least half of that (I hope!) by the time I start eating again so I'm not too concerned about that.
I've been desperate to start Management since I finished Foundation but now I've committed to doing it (I told my LLC last night) I'm suddenly terrified! Is this normal?
I know I've done really well so far (I've lost 5 and a half stone since 9th August) but I'm worried that it's felt too easy. Of course it hasn't been easy all the time and I've had numerous horrendous days (or weeks even!) but the weight has come off steadily and a lot faster then most other people in my group and I feel like I don't deserve it. The adult side of me says thats ridiculous and everyone is different etc etc but there is another (very large) part of me that thinks I'll sabotage myself when I'm eating again because I subconciously don't deserve to be slim. Isn't that stupid?
Has anyone felt something similar? Or has anyone got any advice? I'm desperate not to be fat again.

Maria x

I feel similar about that fast approaching Management!

Foundation and Development give us a nice safe cacoon where we just abide by the rules of abstinance and there are no decisions to be made, so how we are feeling is perfectly natural. We are taking a step towards decision making and independance.

However, the more realistic thoughts are:

initially you are still going to have 3 packs a day which is only one less than before.

Your tummy will have shrunk so much that you will feel full very quickly so you won't feel the need to over eat.

Your LLC will be with you every step of the way guiding you through a well structured programme that will teach you how to manage your weight.

If it goes pear shaped and you put a bit on, but have completed Route to Management you can follow the lose a stone planned programme using packs for 4 weeks.

Anything new is daunting so take it a day at a time the same way as you did at the start of foundation.

Good Luck and enjoy!!!

Hi Malinky

my advice is to
eat small amounts and follow the management weeks to the letter
relearn the feeling of "Full" and stop eating at the first sign of it
Don't panic at the first weigh in as you will probably have a gain
If you are not at the weight you wnat to be think long and hard about starting management too early - I went on to lose another stone but this is not true of everyone!
Stay calm & positive
Tell yourself that all you have learned through your counselling will now take effect as you eat again
Be honest to yourself and your counsellor
Enjoy your food and things you never bothered about before may surprise you!

This could have been me talking - I am just starting week 2 of Management, week 1 was difficult because I was staying with my daughter in New York but I felt I did ok, all told. My weigh in is tonight and I have to admit I`m scared to death. Yes, no longer safe in the painful cocoon of total abstinence - it had it`s advantages. Good luck to you.

Oops, I weighed in last night (week 1 of Management) and had gained a pound. I don`t know how I feel - not devastated, not elated. I wonder if it usual to gain in the first week of Management? It was a bit difficult (see my post above) but I didn`t think I was too bad. I would welcome any comments.

Oops, I weighed in last night (week 1 of Management) and had gained a pound. I don`t know how I feel - not devastated, not elated. I wonder if it usual to gain in the first week of Management? It was a bit difficult (see my post above) but I didn`t think I was too bad. I would welcome any comments.

Hiya Ann - I think that only gaining one pound the week after starting management is FAB !! WELL DONE:D

good luck with the final part of your journey - you can do it !

love

Debz
xx

It's happened to a couple of people doing management in my group but they either maintained or lost it again.

Thanks for this - it's good to be reminded that putting the odd pound on isn't going to kill me and that it's always possible to lose it again without the full on horror of long term SSing!!
I'm definitely still nervous but I know it has to be done eventually and I am desperate to get back to a "normal" life again - I think I just need to learn to trust my own judgement and listen to my body and maybe that's what I'm scared of!

Thanks for the encouragement, folks. I have to admit that I still feel hesitant about eating and still feel slightly guilty about feeling fullo (from conventional food, not packs). I`m sure I`ll learn as I go along. As the CD says, `I want to be a sikilled weightholder, not a skilled weight gainer`.

I have just gone into Managment and I am on day 3. By the looks of my scales I am still dropping weight so fingers crossed.

I still have a bit to lose but was starting to become a bit complacent with the abstenance. I think Management has given me something to look forward too & has given me something to focus on. My LLC told me someones who had just weighed in at week 3 of management and she did about 3lbs week 1 & 3 and 5.5 week 2 so good weight loss by some can still be achieved. The amount you are eating at first is only about 300 cals in total anyway and for that meal you sacrifice 1 pack which is 125 so you are still doing VLCD anyway. I am weighing in on Thursday so will keep u posted.

Fingers crossed this is the right decision for us both!!!!!!!

Back