Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Maple Syrup

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Queries' started by angelcords, 28 August 2011 Social URL.

1. angelcords

angelcords Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points Plan
    Hi :D

Does anyone know if Maple Syrup is a good alternative for sugar? And if it's points are low or high?

Thanks In Advance!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. M and M

M and M Full Member

Looking at a bottle I have here, it works out at 1pp per 15ml. So it's a bit better than sugar, and is in a more natural state than refined sugar for sure.

4. angelcords

angelcords Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points Plan
    Thank You :hug99: I will check out the bottles when I next go to town.

5. azwethinkweiz

azwethinkweiz Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(22.47%)
    Diet:
    WW Propoints
    I might try this in a cup of tea... dont think i'd need as much maple as I would spoons of sugar (2 tsp) and I've been using sweeteners but I prob use them a bit too much considering diet fizzies are sweetenerized (new word!) and I drink those once in a while too.

6. M and M

M and M Full Member

Xylitol is one of the better sweeteners, its made from an alcohol sugar. Or stevia, which is made from a plant, but you can only get that online I get mine from Germany. Personally, I avoid all other sweeteners as much as possible, though they are used in so many products, it's not easy. I don't drink any soft drinks and do a lot of baking instead of buying packets of biccies etc

7. azwethinkweiz

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(22.47%)
    Diet:
    WW Propoints
    Honestly I dont believe the sweetener rubbish... I think ANYTHING is large doses is bad for people. Aspartame has a huge stigma at the moment I've noticed? It killed a rat in a lab test apparently. Although, in the amount it killed the rat I would have to drink 77 cans of diet drink and NOT go to the loo? So I dunno. Sweeteners are apparently highly tested otherwise they wouldnt be allowed to go into our foods. There's no evidence yet of any dangerous effect on humans. BUT as I said I do think no one should have too much of anything, so I am trying to cut down a wee bit. I've heard about Stevia and I've heard about "bad" things happening to lab rats with overuse of that too... I think it'd be the same with anything really!? I'd love to try it though lol...

8. M and M

M and M Full Member

Glad I'm not a rat :) Ciao!

9. azwethinkweiz

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(22.47%)
    Diet:
    WW Propoints
    Hahaha! So true! :D Enjoy your hol hon :) xx

10. dawson66

dawson66 Full Member

Diet:
    atkins
    i love to make toast and chop up or mash bananna onto it then drizzle with some maple syrup it really satisfys a sweeth tooth and is yummy

11. vijch50

vijch50 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    i ALSO USE XYLITOL AND STEVIA - stevia is very sweet and you need so little of it that it is cost effective.
    i find xylitol very nice.
    With maple syrup make sure you read label and that it is not maple flavoured syrup. I do use maple syrup and am fortunate enough to get it when I go to the states very tasty on many things

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.