Marathon finder?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by TwoPoundsPerWeek, 9 November 2007 Social URL.

1. TwoPoundsPerWeek

TwoPoundsPerWeek Full Member

Okay, so I think I AM going to start at least initial training to do some kind of marathon next year. I'd like to do a shorter distance, and will need to decide on what that distance will be before I begin training hard core. I live in the U.S., in the midwest, and want to know if there is any kind of marathon finder website where I can find something to do that's within a certain range from my home. Does anyone know of anything?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

Hi there

How about Runner's World UK as a start. I use this website. It's UK but it may be a stepping stone for other events nearer your home. Also I buy the magazine from the store - which is a lot more comprehensive and has races of varying lengths all over the country in the back. Try purchasing a US equivalent of Runners World magazine (which there undoubtedly will be) from your local newsagents.

I hope that helps.

Good luck

xxx

4. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.