Marathon training so far....

roundrachel

Silver Member
is going great! For those of you who don't know, I have an entry for the London Marathon in April next year. I can't quite believe I'm managing to stick to my training and this morning got up to 10 miles!

I did resemble Bambi on Ice at some points but I'm now warming back up in front of the fire.

Thanks to LL my life is so different and rather than stay inside eating all day in front of the TV I actually want to get out and get that brilliant post exercise buzz.

I'm fitter, lighter and loving life in spite of all it has thrown at me in the past two years.

I hope I can inspire some of you as I was inspired when I set out on my LL journey.

Good for you Rachel,
You haven't inspired me to have a go, but I do admire you!

ah go on SB, you know you want to!
It's more a case that after LL the world is your oyster and nothing can hold you back any more fom doing the things that being overweight has stopped you from doing for all these years. It might be wearing a sleeveless top, climbing a mountain, flying long haul....or running a marathon. I've never been on to do things by halves!

My husband used to say the only time I run is when the phone is ringing, but nowadays I have been known to run UP the stairs!!!
You are so right about doing things you wouldn't have done before. Not a day goes by without me remembering how it used to be.
:4633:

Hi rachel
I'm so impressed, I'm on my anti-excercise plan at the moment, oh dear!
I will get back into it tho.
I did a 17 mile walk 2 weeks ago for the British Heart foundation - the high peak trail.Managed it in 4 and a half hours, so quite pleased, it was freezing, but at least not snowy!
Good luck with your training
Daisy x

You are a total inspiration RR. Well done and keep up the good work.

For anyone else looking to take up a bit of activity, it gets easier the more you do. You don't have to jump right in. A little and often is good.

This year since completing LL I started off with a 5k, then I did a 10k then I did a charity Trek along the Great Wall of China. Next year I'm hoping to do Kilimanjaro.....if I can get finances organised.

So make LL a starting point for the rest of your life!

Good luck Rachel, I did it last year and it was one of the best experience of my life!!
I done it while I was still 24 stone and still loved it, it took me 7 hours.
I reckon the crowd get you round 10 miles of it with their support.
I`m going to do it again one year and beat my time.
Stay injury free and dont peak to early with your training, as you get closer its easy to panic and do to much and pick up silly little niggles.
Good luck again you will love it

Thanks guys. Training is certainly getting tougher, especially with all the snow and ice but I'm sticking to my programme and my mileage is increasing by the week. I'm determined to do it and know I will!

Back