Marcus v Little Mix

fillymum

synful soul
Who is going to win???

I would love to see Marcus win but tonight I think Little Mix were excellent,

Well Little Mix got it! I think Marcus and indeed Amelia Lily will get recording contracts out of it though.

I'm really glad little mix won:) but- why does the winner's song have to be so miserable?! It doesn't suit them, they would have been so much better suited to an upbeat, happy song. We turned it off after the announcement as we didn't want to hear it a third time.

Bunnylush said:
I preferred Silent Night for Xmas. Do not like the winners song at all. So pleased for the girls and Tulisa x

Got to agree with you on this one! I defo preferred silent night

Ah but you are ignoring the fact that the winners song has to have some sort of crescendo type thing that they can set off the confetti to!!! Silent Night simply doesnt cut the mustard as far as confetti explosions go!

silly sausage said:
Slightly off topic:

How awful was Leona Lewis last night?? Such a wrong song choice. Poor Johnny will be spinning.

It's not actally his song.. It was originally by nine inch nails! Her version is bloody awful though

I really don't like Little Mix, and I'm dissappointed that they won - although it was obvious that they would.

Marcus was my favourite from day 1, I love him! Although I have to admit he certainly wasn't his best this weekend - "Hey Ya" was such an awful song choice! In a way though, I'm kinda pleased he came second. The runners up always seem to do better than the winners anyway, just look at JLS and One Direction :)

That has been the case in the past, but I am not convinced it will be this time around. I liked all three of the finalists and wouldn't have cared either way who won in the end, but there is a massive buzz around Little Mix and I suspect that the Cowell Camp will be investing heavily in making them absolutely massive. I rather think Marcus may end up going down a different path, musical theatre perhaps, but I don't think there will be anywhere near the same level of investment in making sure he has a future from the record company.

Slightly off topic:

How awful was Leona Lewis last night?? Such a wrong song choice. Poor Johnny will be spinning.

It was embarrassingly bad. She almost sounded as if she had been drinking though I am sure she hadn't as she has such a squeaky clean profile.

That has been the case in the past, but I am not convinced it will be this time around. I liked all three of the finalists and wouldn't have cared either way who won in the end, but there is a massive buzz around Little Mix and I suspect that the Cowell Camp will be investing heavily in making them absolutely massive. I rather think Marcus may end up going down a different path, musical theatre perhaps, but I don't think there will be anywhere near the same level of investment in making sure he has a future from the record company.

AHA !!!! But he didn't sign JLS either and I bet he is kicking himself now.

Marcus is such a delightful kid he deserves to do well in whatever he chooses to do. I do not think it will be hairdressing.

A lot of the finalists will go on to have good careers, careers enhanced or even made by being on X Factor. Including some of the ones who went out very early.

A lot of the finalists will go on to have good careers, careers enhanced or even made by being on X Factor. Including some of the ones who went out very early.

I have to agree Sue. I think Amelia Lily, Mischa B, and Janet will all do extremely well from the show too.

I also think that Craig, Sami and Sophie will probably do quite well, even though they exited very early on.

I think the producers like to make us believe that Marcus was plucked from the salon into stardom. He was in a boy band for ages apparently, Eton Road, who were in X Factor a few years ago (and managed by Louis Walsh). He's an old pro. Good luck to him.

Last edited:
Back