Marie's diary - Day 3

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Marie_D, 28 September 2007 Social URL.

1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Well today is the day - day 1 ss'ing.

So far I've had one shake (a hot choc mint, which I wasn't keen on) and I'm 2ltr water down.

OH is off work today and he suggested I put my diet off until tomorrow so we could go out to TGI's for lunch today, oooooh, how I was tempted!...BUT, I'd really worked myself up to today and I was so ready to go for it today, so after making the decision to go with my original plan of starting CD today (this decision being made at about 12 o'clock this afternoon, I hadn't eaten anything until then because I couldn't decide what I was doing, lol) I am on my way :D

I am under no illusions that this is going to be easy - I always struggle with any diet I do because I have NO will power. I'm hoping that completely eliminating food from my diet for a while (therefore taking away the decisions of what to eat and when etc) will be the's hoping!

I 'only' have about 2st to lose, so will only be ss'ing for a few weeks, then I'll be working my way up through the stages. I would really really really love to be at target before xmas, that would just be fantastic, so it's out with food and in with water.

Here goes!

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Go for it Marie x
  4. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

Well done you for saying no to a meal out thats so gard espeicially on first day, hope your strength and resolve sticks with you :) keep it up hun!!!!
  5. Mochaj

Mochaj Gold Member

Good luck on CD Marie! Sounds like you're determined, you must be to have started when you could have gone to TGI's for lunch!

I hope you'll do really well :)
  6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    Good luck with CD missus.... tho we expect to still see you on the WW forum ;)

7. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I'm still doing ok at the moment, BUT...I've had a couple of pieces of chewing gum and it just occurred to me that I might not be allowed it!! Is it allowed?! It was sugarfree :eek:
  8. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

And thank you for all your messages :)
  9. kikuka

kikuka Tequila makes miaow happy

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Good luck! I bet this will really kickstart your weightloss
  10. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I have really surprised myself today - it's just gone 7pm, I'm had almost 4ltrs of water so far, I still have a shake/soup to have and I don't even feel hungry! I almost had a slight hiccup involving some left over pizza earlier, but thankfully I talked myself out of that (after taking a bite and spitting it out into the bin, haha, sorry if t.m.i).

I don't think I really expected to get past the first day (I'm terrible for keep putting things off 'until tomorrow') so I'm really pleased.

Here's hoping in continues! :)
  11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
  12. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Yep, 4 whole litres! And this coming from someone who could rarely manage just 2ltrs on weight watchers, lol.
  13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    I will ofcourse remind you of this when you come back to WW madam :p
  14. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I don't doubt that you will, lol. 2ltrs on ww will be a breeze after this - as will sticking to my points! Lol!!
  15. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

well done lovey,when i was on LL i had 6 litres of water a day on ww i dont drink any.It dosnt make sense does itxx
  16. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

You back on ww then Paula?!

I think it's just knowing that you 'have' to drink it that does it - plus it gives me something to do when I would usually be stuffing my face, lol.
  17. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

hi ,yeah i went back on cause i am leaving on the 9th.Ive got that many goodbye meals.I have contacted a counciller in oz so will be doin cambridge over there.Good luck sweetiexx
  18. Avatar Advert

19. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Day 2 today and I am not looking forward to it. Yesterday I had a hot choc mint, a frozen banana tetra and a cold butterscotch shake...the only one that didn't make me gag was the frozen tetra! The hot one in the morning wasn't nice, but was bearable if I held my nose (haha), the frozen one was great because it took me ages to get through and by the time I finished I was actually bored of it (I have NEVER been bored of eating something before, never, lol!), it also tasted ok. The butterscotch one I found really hard to drink. I mixed it with 10oz water and blitzed it for 30+ seconds with a hand blender, but I could feel the powder clinging to my throat as I swallowed it! It's really put me off having another one and I've yet to have my first one today.

Does anyone else find the shakes powdery tasting?

I'm hoping that if I can get through the first few days then I might get used to the taste/texture of the packs. Not that it's a bad thing that I don't like them, not looking forward to meal times isn't a bad habit to get into I suppose.
  20. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Welcome to CD. I have never enjoyed the taste of the shakes or the soups. No matter what flavour I had there was a funny taste. But I kept tellling myself that this was just my medication and my body needed it and eventually I wouldn't need them. Sounds stupid but I even got to believe it. Think one day at a time and on a hard day an hour at a time. You can do it and it's not for ever.

Irene xx
  21. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

keep goin sweet your doin fabxx
  22. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

Hiya - As Irene says.....think of the shakes as something you need to take to be healthy....your taste buds will change and you'll find that the flavours you like will change as you go along....STICK WITH IT !!! once the fab ketosis kicks in, you'll be flying!!!

keep us posted :)

Debz xx
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.