Marie's diary - I am soooooo stupid!!! :o(

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Marie_D, 14 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

This is the first chance I've had to start this diary since I went to my first meeting on Monday.

Brief update - hated my meeting, dreading the next one and was heavier than I thought I was, so in a word it was dreadful.

But, I'm now being forced into sticking to my diet because I can't bare the embarrassment of going to my weigh in's and not having lost any weight, so I suppose that's a plus point.

It's OH birthday on Saturday so we're off out for a meal somewhere - not great timing diet wise, but I'm sure I'll cope. I'm saving a few points every day until then, so hopefully it'll even itself out.

Starting weigh was 11st 10lb, which is a few pounds more than I thought I was :( but it's ok, it's just the kick up the bottom I needed I think.

Day two today and I'm feeling ok about it. Not excited like I have been before, but hopefully a good loss for the week will resolve that.

So, starting again - again - again, so it's full steam ahead. Hey ho for another go :rolleyes:

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    best of luck marie. im sure u will do well this week. may even get a horn blown in ur honour lol...sorry, couldnt resist!

best of luck with the diet and the diary xxxxx

Mini likes this.
  4. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

If I see the leader so much as look at the horn whilst I'm on the scales then I will never go back again! Lol!

And thank you x

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Wow Marie I just had a thought, if they blow that horn when you reach goal, I wonder what they do if you put on weight one week :p

6. Lighterlifer

Lighterlifer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.44%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hey Marie! Good luck this week. Youve got some catching up to do :p he he xxx

7. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

OMG Starlight!!...Are you trying to give me nightmares?!?!! I never even thought about what they do to someone who's gained weight!! What a terrifying thought! :eek:

Lighterlife, I was just giving you a bit of head start because I know my weight is going to come of so quickly now I'm going to my meetings....I was just being considerate to you, wanted to give you at least half a chance to beat me :p

We're going to a really lovely restaurant for OH's birthday at the weekend. Problem is, it's a kind of small homecooking kind of place, so I have no idea what's on the menu or how many points is in any of the dishes. It's worrying me a bit, but I can't very well make OH go somewhere else just for the sake of my diet, it is his birthday afterall (I suppose I should let him get his own way for just this one day of the year, lol). Any tips? I was thinking that they must do some sort of steak or fish dish...maybe I should go for that, just to be on the safe side?

8. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Just thought I'd make a note that I'm doing really well so far this week, and so far I'm finding it really quite easy (I hope I haven't spoken too soon and jinxed it by saying that!).

I've managed to save a couple of points each day to go towards my meal out on Saturday, so hopefully I'll have an ok loss this week.

It's driving me crazy having no scales to get on! I'll be shaking like a leaf when I climb on those scales at my meeting on Monday - I am still dreading going, I think the closer it comes round the more I hate it! I just need to keep telling myself it's going to work and that it's worth it...which it will be if I manage to shift this weight! A dose of nerves/dread/torture in the form of my ww meetings is a sacrifice I'm willing to make to get slim!

OH has the day off tomorrow so we're taking out little girl for her first trip to the zoo...I'm really looking forward to it! She's only 9 months old so I doubt she'll even notice any of the animals etc, but me and OH still get to play the proud parents whilst we're pushing her around in her pushchair, and it'll give us a chance to spend some proper family time together...it'll be nice! It's weird, because we spend every evening and most of the weekend together, but we never actually do anything. When OH isn't working our time tends to be swallowed up by cooking, eating, bathing, cleaning, and playing with bubs, and it doesn't leave much time to just enjoy each other and have fun as a family. Tomorrow will be great, and walking all the way round Marwell Zoo means I might burn a few calories too - result! Lol

Mini likes this.
  9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers

Probably be a marching band or fireworks or something :rotflmao:

10. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I'll be sure to hide if I have a bad week now! Lol

:hide:

11. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Well, we went out for our meal last night, and my plan of going for a healthy option fell flat on it's face! I had...

Large glass of wine
    Pate & toast
    Lasagna (which I could only manage half of)
    2 1/2 slices of cheesy garlic bread
    1/2 portion of breaded mushrooms

Oops!! I really enjoyed it and I was fit to burst when I left, but I have NO idea how many points it all comes to!...which is worrying me because I have my first week weigh in meeting tomorrow :confused: .

Anyone have any ideas of how many points I should have allowed for it?! I would like to make a rough estimate so I have some idea, but it wasn't a place that is listed in the eating out guide (which is annoying).

I'm having a McDonalds chicken snack wrap for my lunch today. It's only 4.5 points and I'm out all afternoon so that'll keep me away from the snack attacks at least.

Any help with my menu from last night would be greatly appreciated peeps.

Hope you're all getting on ok. I'll be logging on later for a proper update on all the news posts.

Mini likes this.
  12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Assuming you went to a pub type place?

Wine 2/3
    Pate is about 8 :eek:
    Lasagne is 13 (so half that)
    Garlic Bread with cheese (2 slices) 7 :eek:
    Breaded Mushrooms 5

Hope that helps and hasnt depressed you too much!!

I took them from Pub Grub/Harvester & Brewers Fayre in the EE guide :)

13. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Ah, thank you SO much!! I will use those points in my tracker...that's really helpful...THANK YOU!!

;)

14. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  15. Lighterlifer

Lighterlifer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.44%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Sounds like a meal he he! Hope you lose something tomorrow! If youve been good all week you should see some sort of loss!! How has today been? xx

16. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Today's been ok...I've got about 3 points left over from today so I've not done too badly. I had about 8 points saved up from during the week, then I think I have about 12.5 points left from yesterday's allowance for my meal, so I haven't gone as much as it seems. And it was worth it really, we had a lovely meal out and we don't often get the chance to do that.

OH was really good today too. With it being my first mothers day I was expecting him to take the easy option and buy me chocs (nice thought, but not good for my diet), but he avoided the chocs because of my diet and I had a couple of lovely photo frames and a 'worlds greatest mummy' mug instead...I was chuffed to bits! (I feel like a proper mum now I have a mummy mug, hehehe!!).

Mini likes this.
  17. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Awwww Marie that was so sweet of him, things like that are SO important. A mummy mug sounds a million times better than chocs

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

It really is, sooo much better. I was so pleased with it. OH isn't the most romantic/thoughtful person on the planet, so I half expected him not to get anything at all. I was so impressed when he came in with a bag of goodies on Thursday (not even last minute!!), and he even got a really lovely card - and made a point of telling me to read all the words - he really did put a lot of thought/love into it. He did himself and my little girl proud :D

20. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    AArrrrhh that was nice of him! I am picking up my mothers day pressy tomorrow my OH is getting me the weight watchers scales (how romantic and from my son) LOL

21. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Haha, ahh, bless. It may not be romantic, but at least it's something you will definitely make use of. They can then claim that it's thanks to them when you reach goal - so your Mothers Day gift will eventually be your goal weight! Hehe!

22. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oh he would come up with some reason why it was them that made me lose it, he will want the praise when I did all that hard work LOL (MEN) HEHE

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.