Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by somewhere_inside_is_me, 14 January 2009 Social URL.

1. somewhere_inside_is_me

somewhere_inside_is_me Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    First of all, mea culpa, I did have a Knorr veg stock cube last night - feel bad now and hoping I haven't ruined everything but I was hungry and needed something with more savoury flavour than tea and had had all four soups.
    So I thought I best go buy some of this bouillon stuff for similar occasions - not for all the time - but now I'm getting confused. Some references say paste, some say low-salt, but I know that the only one I've ever seen is powder with no particular claims to be low-salt. Are they all one and the same? Or should I just fork out for the LL version?
    Thanks
    S. x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I used the marigold that was just plain marigold powder, in a green container.

That will be a very good thing for you to have while you are feeling poorly - will sooth, and satisfy. You can have 2 a day.

Good luck, and feel better!!

x

4. Tange

Tange Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I used the normal Marigold one all the time and it made no diffs.

I am sure the veg stock cube will not be too much of a disaster. Drink loads of water today and you should be fine.

5. skinnydebs

skinnydebs Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I agree - the green tub with the orange lid - you'll find with the Oxo cubes, etc and scrummy! Enjoy!

6. Guy

Guy Likes to lurk

I have the normal one. If you want the reduced salt version I believe they do it in Tesco. Purple lid I think.

7. futureyummymummy

futureyummymummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(21.1%)
    Diet:
    Lean in 15
    I have to say I find it easier to have the 'official' savoury drink as it's already measured out for you so there's no confusion about how much etc. xXx

8. louale

louale Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hey SIIM,

I have the low salt one, purple with orange lid. Didn't know we could have the normal one.

I sometimes add it to the soups too, especially the tomato one.

Louale x

9. SexyBecks1

SexyBecks1 is loving CWP xx

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.03%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - step 3
    In fact I have a question too. I had ready about boullion before i started to got some in beforehand. My LLC didn't mention the savury broth in group so i am now worried that you are not meant to have it until you are in ketosis. I have had one yesterday and one today. I just don't want to ruin my weigth los.s Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

10. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hi
    i had them from day 2 and lost 8lb first week
    daisy x

11. SexyBecks1

SexyBecks1 is loving CWP xx

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.03%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - step 3
    I asked my LLC last night about using it instead of the savoury drinks ans she said that we shouldn't be having it. She said if you have it regular it can take you out of ketosis. I was a bit worried before I got on the scale but I was fine. I was thinking of just using it when it is an extreme emergency and i don't have any food packs left to eat or if I'm at work and had my lunch pack. Do you think it will still be ok to carry on with it?

12. susianna

susianna Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    LL -5 st now low carb
    Hi Becks

My LLC said the same but I'm pretty sure they just want you to buy the LL version to line their pockets .... so I have carried on and defo still in ketosis. i don't have one every day just when I need it.

x

13. somewhere_inside_is_me

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Me too. I only have one when I really need an extra savoury drink and am sick of tea and I have run out of packs for the day.

14. jo1

jo1 Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    My LLC said the same to me, but i am pretty sure the ingredients are the same, not had one yet as i am only on day 5 but got some in before i started LL just incase x

15. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    I have some and use it mostly at weekends - never did any harm when I was on CD.

I used to buy the LL one and probably will again once I've been paid (suffering post Xmas skintness at the moment). I know it's more expensive (and the LLCs don't recommend it because they make more money if you're buying "extras" every week) but for me it was about controlling portions - a huge tsp is still a tsp, no :confused:

Use the reduced salt one though because that is closest to the "official" drink :)

16. Poppysparkle

Poppysparkle Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    I've never used it. When I spoke to my LLC she said that the way she looked at it, there were very simple rules for following the LL programme, and she thought that it could be the start of something if we were to have that, because even though it was only in a small way, it would still be breaking the rules. I kind of agree and that's why I didn't ever use it, as I'm usually very all or nothing, even though I'd picked it up in the supermarket and looked at it (this was in Sainsburys by the way and they had three types, including low salt version). I want to stick to this 100% and think if I did have it, I'd feel like I was cheating a little, which might be the start of a slippery slope. Now, this might be total tosh and I might actually not be affected in anyway, shape or form, but I'm taking no chances!! I'm not finding it hard to stick to LL without it anyway. In fact I bought the savoury drink this week for the first time, and wasn't really fussed on it. The first time I tasted it was the first week when a friend gave me one on my second day and I really enjoyed it, but think my tastes have changed. I'm finding it difficult to fit in the savoury drink too, and prefer a black coffee!

17. somewhere_inside_is_me

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I hadn't thought of it like that, and I do see your point. I think I panicked a bit because of one bad evening. Thank you for putting it into perspective for me.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.