Marshal art for fitness?

cafwinjacks

Hi

Just wondering if anyone does a martial art for fitness/weight loss? I've been doing cardio kick boxing for a few weeks and I'm thinking of taking Muay Thai up properly.
Thanks
:)

Last edited:
I did kickboxing a few years ago for about three years. Absolutely amazing for fitness.

Muay Thai is a brilliant workout, they are some of the fittest and strongest fighters in the world!

Brilliant self defence too

My OH's mate does Brazilian ju jitsu. It was him that got oh in to muay Thai which in turn got me hooked :)
Good luck and have fun.
Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

I dunno if I'll ever end up going kickboxing - I'm too shy/a bit anxious to go on my own and my boyfriend doesn't really like kickboxing, much prefers Jiu Jitsu. I don't think he really likes MMA to be honest.

Re: Martial art for fitness?

I started doing a ladies only cardio kickboxing class which really helped me build my confidence. It was always the thought of being paired up with men that put me off although I am improving now

I do Choi Kwang Do (google it, no one has ever heard of it!) And am absolutely loving it! Started off doing a couple of hours a week and now train 4-6 hours every week! I have dabbled in a few martial arts before (kickboxing, ju jitsu and some Chinese one that I am sure the owner just chucked together and just seemed to involve picking up bruises) and Choi is by far the best I have trained in, just makes so much sense!

I have lost nearly 100lb this year and gone from size 26 to size 16 thanks to diet and Choi!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back