Massive failure re-starting Monday...tips please!

1bigfatloser

As the title says, I have tried VLCD's numerous times with constant failures....I dont really know why I fail I guess I get bored of the lack of social life and also Im just not motivated. I guess never in the right frame of mind.

I have now reached 14stone which is the heaviest I have ever been, and I have also been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid. Now that I know this adds to my lethargy and lack of enthusiasm and my depression I feel ready to give it another go.

I am looking for any hints or tips that will get me past the 2 week stage as I feel this is the stage that once I am past I will be fine.

Thanks xx

You will only take 3 or 4 days to get into Ketosis, then after that, you won't feel hungry so it gets much easier. Just dig deep and get through the first few days, then after that it's plain sailing!

All the best for your start tomorrow, it's not always easy but the results you'll get are amazing, just keep telling yourself that. Mini goals, which I see you've set are great for motivation and reward yourself for each one. I'm one pound off my first stone and will be having a piercing (on the top of my ear) I've wanted for a while as my reward.

You can do this xx

Thank you, I am getting nervous about starting tomorrow but I am determined I NEED 2 do this now, I am fed up of always feeling insecure and down about my weight, I want to be able 2 go out and not worry about looking fat in what Im wearing or feel people are judging me! I will need a lot of support the first few days I know but I am keeping positive that this time I WILL do it!! I have 4 stone 2 loose and I want to get it off by christmas or atleast as much of it as possible!! x

1bigfatloser said:
Thank you, I am getting nervous about starting tomorrow but I am determined I NEED 2 do this now, I am fed up of always feeling insecure and down about my weight, I want to be able 2 go out and not worry about looking fat in what Im wearing or feel people are judging me! I will need a lot of support the first few days I know but I am keeping positive that this time I WILL do it!! I have 4 stone 2 loose and I want to get it off by christmas or atleast as much of it as possible!! x

Good luck for starting tomorrow-can I make a friendly suggestion tho-please change your username to something more positive :)

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

1bigfatloser said:

Planning is the key!

Write a big list of why you want to do this. Also put on it motivational statements and pics of your goal things. Pics of Christmas with a dress u want to b wearing, etc etc..
Take your measurements from every part of your body, Do your bmi as well as your weight, and mark off on your calendar your first legit break you want to take, ie your hols or a birthday, a wedding invite etc. Do a countdown of the days so you can mark them off.
Try look at it that you will get to that break without a stall.Then give yourself a well deserved reward that does not involve food!
water is important on this diet, I fill up a litre bottle, have a coffe in the morning and I am not allowed my first pack until that first bottle has gone. If you are doing 4 packs then use a smaller bottle?
Chromium tablets also help with cravings, get your hands on some of these?
Take a picture of yourself and keep it on your phone for your before and after.
Take a pic of your motivational stuff and have that on your phone as well..

You may have headaches and also constipation, everyone is different but be prepared?
Determination to get through the first few days is essential, once you get into ketosis you will find it soo much easier!
Remember how crap you feel if you get headaches, some don't, and keep that in mind when you feel the urge to cheat?

Good luck, we are all here for you, we know how hard it is and we are all fighting the same battles..

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Be prepared and stock your fridge up would be my advise. Make those first few days as easy as possible

Have 1 litre sports caps of water
Loads of veggies - pre prepare some
Skimmed milk
Coke zero
Protein

Clear the rubbish out - if you csn, just leave what you need for family if you live with others. Won't harm anyone going without crisp/choccie!!

Put a fat picture on your fridge or phone screensaver!! Feeling wobbly.... Look at it and remember why your doing it

Start a diary and check in hunny

You Will do fabulous I was a similar weight when I started the plan and its been life changing :)

Good luck xxx

thank u every1, the reason my name is 1bigfatloser is a private joke between my mum and myself re the biggest loser programme not to put myself down...i will try to think positively all of the time though and i am determined to get through the first few days!! fingers crossed!!!

1bigfatloser said:
thank u every1, the reason my name is 1bigfatloser is a private joke between my mum and myself re the biggest loser programme not to put myself down...i will try to think positively all of the time though and i am determined to get through the first few days!! fingers crossed!!!

I am Biggusburdus due to the fact I was the tallest in school, and monty python! As long as it is not to hammer yourself with and you feel it's a positive one then don't worry!

How was your first day?

I found drinking sparkling water and sugar free diet tonic water helps keep the hunger at bay.

:fingerscrossed:

tomsgf said:
How was your first day?

I found drinking sparkling water and sugar free diet tonic water helps keep the hunger at bay.

:fingerscrossed:

How goes it? Hope it went well! Was thinking of all the others today..

Be careful with the tonic water. If it has citric acid in it you may have difficulty getting into ketosis (ie getting to the bit where carb cravings and hunger become much much more manageable). Some people also find that different sweeteners can stall them. I know some people can have Coke zero or Dr Pepper zero and be fine, but they stall me and give me the munchies!

And good luck! Once you get well into the swing of things, vlcds are amazing! I lost almost six stone on lighter life a couple of years ago and have kept most of it off since then (apart from major blip this year on holiday! :D). it really has changed my life. You can do this!!

It went okay thanks guys. I had 2 have 3 packs 1 meal in the end as just craved something more than a pack...it was a slightly bigger meal than we are allowed but I am sure I can cut this down and maybe just slowly work my way to 4 packs no meals. I am not going to weigh myself for a while either as I tend to quit when Im doing welll...stupidly!!

Back