Massive Weight Gain

zarkon

Hi, At my heaviest I was 21st 7lb but when I was 18 I moved out of my parents house and got my own flat. While I was there I only had the money to eat once every 2 or 3 days and was becoming heavily malnourished. As a result of this I ended up becoming 15st 0lb and moved back in with my parents due to not being able to live under such conditions. I was a smoker for 5 years, but decided to give up when I moved in with my parents due to the fact that I wanted to become as healthy as possible. Ever since I stopped smoking 5 months ago I've noticed my weight slowly increasing even though I eat 1 meal a day and sometimes an occasional chocolate bar, which isn't really very much compared to my skinny friends. Now I've suddenly gone from 15st and getting to my target of 12st (I'm 6'2'' so 12 stone is around the right weight for my build) to 19st 4lb. Is this normal? Should I go back to eating less? Or is it due to stopping smoking because I've heard before that giving up can increase your weight. Thanks in advanced - Stuart

I believe a few of my friends also gained weight when they gave up smoking. Guess you need to hit the gym to burn off the calories that the cigarette s where doing

Maybe it would be worth a visit to your GP? I think most people put on weight when they give up smoking because they replace the cigarettes but obviously you're not doing that if you're only eating one meal a day! It can't be healthy to just have one meal a day unless you're having some kind of meal replacement. I would make an appointment at the docs :)

Back