maternity pads or sanitary towels

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by big bear, 29 August 2010 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Should I get proper maternity pads or Always pads for a heavy flow?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Personally I would get proper maternity pads. They are alot thicker and I bled very heavily for at least a week. I needed some sort of pad for around 3-4weeks and as time went by it gradually got lighter, and normal 'super' pads would be enough.
    I'm definately gonna get maternity pads again for after the birth of bubba number 3!

4. bajoleth

bajoleth Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.5%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Personally and its all a matter of prefferance(sp) I would go for Always ultra night, they are thinner than the maternity pads but just as effective, I have used them after my last 3 births with no 'accidents' etc, I find the mat towels too bulky and no more absorbant and sorry if TMI but you can see them under your clothes. Not so with the Allways. If you do decide to go with ultra absorbant sanitary pads just make sure they are good quality, I would recommend Always

5. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

I'd agree with Jo, I found the maternity pads (mothercare's) bulky and leaky and was much happier with Always - I got extra long nighttime ones I think. I'm not bothering with maternity pads this time, just sanitary towels. But it's a matter of preference. What suited you last time?

6. big bear

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks ladies, I got the maternity pads last time but found them too bulky/leaky. I was very lucky & only bled like a period for a week....maybe it was the raspberry leaf tea lol

7. bajoleth

bajoleth Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.5%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    I think the RLT has a lot to do with it, the Midwife I have had in the past was always amazed how quickly my uterus shrunk back after giving birth, I have always taken RLT and firmly believe it helps with all things like that ;)

8. angie-bum

angie-bum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    Diet:
    Vlcd/lchf
    i had stitches, lots of stitches, i found the maternity pads a bit more cushioned

9. big bear

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'd 3rd degree tears but think was just very lucky

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.