Mature Bride's quest - to be ideal weight for the first time since 22 years old

Freedom Pass

It's no good getting to 61 years old without having learned something. The best learning is about yourself, until you know why you react in a certain way you cannot change it. Until you recognise your excesses you cannot moderate them. Until you see how your behaviour affects others you will not learn more consideration.

Looking back over the times that I had lost a decent amount of weight on whichever regime (tried them all) I thought about WHY I stopped and hit the bad eating habits again. Somewhere, somehow it clicked. . . . . . . . . the "light bulb moment" . . . . . each time I was well on the way, looking good, feeling good, a male had shown appreciation/interest and I ran for cover.

Okay, I'm a mum, a gran, and a great-gran, I've been married 3 times, divorced and widowed and about to marry again, capable, able, confident....... Yeah.........until a man makes a comment, shows interest, wolf whistles, and then I'm the scared little girl who cannot cope with the inappropriate behaviour of an adult male. Not going into details, but suffice to say I now KNOW. Now I have to beat it - and - accept that at 61 it's far less likely to be a problem now.

No man, however well meaning, leering or lascivious is going to wreck this.

Looking forward to finding the perfect outfit for my fourth (and last) wedding, never really done the "whole bit", so this time it will be outfit, flowers, cake, invitations and we will be centre of attention. I'm looking for elegance and simplicity. I am a serious APPLE. My wrists and ankles are slim, my face carries no weight. Right under my bust I look as if I'm carrying triplets full term, my stomach starts at my midriff and is ENORMOUS. Face-on I still have the hourglass shape, it's all in the front.

Although the scales are the accepted measure of weight loss, my interest will be on my bloated stomach.

So: Started Monday 30th July at 14st 7lbs. The Dukan site says I should reach "true weight" by 28th Jan 2013. Have noticed that this "true weight" always seems to be two pounds more than the slimmer herself thinks she should be. It is SO long since I have been "ideal" I don't know what I should be. 10 stone seemed reasonable for my height and age, so get there and then look in the mirror and see what I think, and it is what I think and feel that matters.

Is this a selfish, self-indulgent post? Maybe, my life was given to ME, I will appreciate and make the most of it.

My very best wishes to all those trying to reach their personal weight, goals and peace.

Just had a good look around and now think I should have put this in Dukan Diaries, so forgive me if I copy it and repost.

I just wrote a long, heartfelt encouraging reply to your thread and my lap-top blinked and I lost it.... Too bad, as I cant remember the words but the 'gist' of it is your are great and I will keep looking-in to see how you are going. You've started, so now you can finish.

Wow what a starting post, welcome to the forum and thank you for your inspiration words. yes, life was given to ME, that has meaning...up to ME to do something about it. Thank you
xxx

Back