Maximising your loss each week...

pomegranates

Hi there guys.

Reading through so many posts and it seems that the average weekly loss seems to vary for different people between 2 to 5 lbs a week.
Was wondering if those of you who had a higher weekly loss could offer advise or tips on how to also maximise my loss (eg - do you drink loads or exercise on top etc etc) as have such a long journey ahead that I'm worried I may grow weary of it if I don't lose at a good rate.

Excercising slows down my weihtloss on the scales but i feel iv lost more inches so i feel better about that....i drink about 3l of water a day x

Lots of water seems to defo help and exercise does seem to slow the losses down. However I like to keep fit so I'm ok with that!

Hi there

I drink 3lts, no excercise and in 4 weeks lost 2 stone. Please remember that everyone loss rate is differant.

Good luck

Cutting down on bars helped me - now I only have three a week and I have them at the start of the week :)

Start: 17.12 Current: 15.11 Target: 10.7

Thanks guys, shall definitely keep the liquid intake up. Shocking that exercise would slow it down though.... Or was that just in the first two weeks? Would make sense as muscles matter could be being laid and that is more dense than fat... Anyone being dieting and exercising for a long time to shed light on that?

After my dismal first WI yesterday of only 7lbs I'm thinking of adding exercise in to the mix to get a better loss next week! I was so annoyed because I stuck to SS 100% and didn't give in to any jubilee or BBQ parties and have been drinking more than enough water (I've always drank the allowance before CD!)

Does exercise really slow you down as my CDC you can do it and lose weight but I'd be miserable as I'm burning off everything I've eaten so would probably feel ill! Should I bother or wait to see if next weeks better? I can't bear another bad WI!! I wouldn't mind if I'd gave cheated or come off plan!

shazzy_shaz said:
After my dismal first WI yesterday of only 7lbs I'm thinking of adding exercise in to the mix to get a better loss next week! I was so annoyed because I stuck to SS 100% and didn't give in to any jubilee or BBQ parties and have been drinking more than enough water (I've always drank the allowance before CD!)

Does exercise really slow you down as my CDC you can do it and lose weight but I'd be miserable as I'm burning off everything I've eaten so would probably feel ill! Should I bother or wait to see if next weeks better? I can't bear another bad WI!! I wouldn't mind if I'd gave cheated or come off plan!

Hi Shazzy

Your weightloss was excellent! Not at all dismal, see what you lose next week :)

Start: 17.12 Current: 15.11 Target: 10

Patience truly is a virtue I'm still learning to get lol! I can't believe how long you've managed to stay on CD for! Do the days get quicker after a few weeks? As the first week went on forever??? I did a bums, legs and tums class last night and I think it's definitely shoved me into ketosis for sure now!

shazzy_shaz said:
Patience truly is a virtue I'm still learning to get lol! I can't believe how long you've managed to stay on CD for! Do the days get quicker after a few weeks? As the first week went on forever??? I did a bums, legs and tums class last night and I think it's definitely shoved me into ketosis for sure now!

Days defo speed up from week 2 onwards! I'm on week 3, week 1 seems like a long distant bad memory!

shazzy_shaz said:

Without a doubt it gets much quicker, what they say about the first couple of weeks being hard is so true but after that it just flies! I'm impatient too, I just want the weight off! But it will happen, wait and see :D

Start: 17.12 Current: 15.11 Target: 10

Anyone that calls 7lbs weight loss in a week crap, is mad. I'd kill to lose that in one week. I think doing extreme exercise may slow you down if you're not eating much, but getting out in fresh air for walks should do you good. Vitamin D from the sunshine will lift your mood and spur you on, think of this summer outfits when the weight drops off!!

I drink about 4litres a day (my OH thinks i'm going nuts lol) and lost 11lbs the first week, 2nd weigh in is tonight, i'm hoping i've lost something as my scals haven't shifted since last week :-s

Back