Step 1 Sole Source Maybe TMI but HELP!!!!

RedRose2013

Okay. So I know this is gross but ill say it ..
I was constipated for a day or so, and pooped kinda, just now :/ but it was pellet formed and there is blood!! I'm scared :(
Is this part of the diet ?!! Or has something happened. I don't feel pain. Just feel like there's more poop wanting to come out but it's like, stuck. Sorry if this is grossing u out but I had to share :/ worried.

Please don't panic, that is the first thing. Blood in the toilet always looks a lot worse than it is, chances are you have only lost a teeny tiny bit, but blood likes to look a bit dramatic ;) If you are constipated there is a chance you have a very tiny tear just inside your back passage where you are trying to, err, get things moving. It will heal itself very quickly but you need to do something to soften your poo, or there is a chance the tear will open again. It's quite common unfortunately.

I would recommend taking something like dulcolax or senna to soften things up and get them moving. Once you are moving again I would recommend something like the Cambridge fibre, or psyllium husks (from holland and barratt) or movicol (from your dr) - these won't make you go, but will keep things softer making it easier for you to go without causing any further bleeding.

I am not a medical professional - I am offering this information based on my own experiences. If you are still bleeding I would recommend you call NHS Direct. If you are worried in the morning I would recommend a trip to the GP (though I can almost guarantee this will result in an uncomfortable examination by your Dr!). I hope this gets sorted out soon for you

Thank you!! It was a fissure I think. Okay now though lol! Blood made things scary!! And I will try that out. Thanks again. Really calmed me down!! X

Back