McCain Frozen Jacket Potatoes

Hi,

I'm new to this so I hope I am doing this right :D....recently discovered McCain Frozen Jacket Potatoes in my local supermarket, decided to try them for lunches in work, only take 5mins in the microwave and they go great with beans, salad, tuna and so on. best thing is, only 1 Syn per potato (and they are good sized spuds) :D really really nice.

So happy with my find, I wanted to share it.

Way too small for my appetite lol

You could bake a batch of potatoes in the oven at the start of the week then wrap in foil and put them in the fridge. Take them out as you need them and zap in the microwave. You get the best of both worlds - an oven baked potato but the speed of the microwave :)

Way too small for my appetite lol

You could bake a batch of potatoes in the oven at the start of the week then wrap in foil and put them in the fridge. Take them out as you need them and zap in the microwave. You get the best of both worlds - an oven baked potato but the speed of the microwave :)

And the bonus is they have ZERO syns and are infinitely cheaper ;)

My leader told me they have a syn value of one x

:confused: The McCain's do yes, then OP already said that. But normal potatoes are always freeeee :)

Great idea patchwork puss. Lookin for change at work this week. Do you do yours in micro wave for while then finish in oven or just oven? Does oven not take forever? Am going to try this regardless..sometimes I need think outside box lol

uh oh, I have been having the iceland micro potatoes and assuming they are freE? you get a bag of 4 ready oven baked and just take 5 mins in the micro, am I doing it wrong then? do they have a value?

uh oh, I have been having the iceland micro potatoes and assuming they are freE? you get a bag of 4 ready oven baked and just take 5 mins in the micro, am I doing it wrong then? do they have a value?

Have you read the list of ingredients on the back of the packet? Unfortunately you can't just assume they are free without reading the small print.

They may have oil on them, if so you would have to syn them.

These actually taste great, and I don't think they need any butter (which I don't tend to have anymore anyway)...

Lovely!!

I love these soo handy to have in the freezer for a dinner or lunch was surprised how nice they are!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back