McDonalds Oatso Simple

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by whoopidoo, 25 May 2010 Social URL.

1. whoopidoo

whoopidoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Went in the dreaded place today and OH had his usual Egg & Sausage McMuffin brekkie but I resisted and had an Oatso Simple with a sachet of sweetener on and a fruit bag. Wondered if anyone knew the syn value - it's not coming up on the McDonalds section of the SW site and seems to be a bigger portion of porridge than the usual 28g of porridge I would usually have for my HE brekkie. Hope it's not to much as really enjoyed it and didn't even envy OH his brekkie which smelled really greasy.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gene Genie

Gene Genie Mad as cheese

I used to count it as 2 HExBs as its nearly 40gs - i cant remember exactly how much but I did ask once

4. captain nemo

captain nemo Chunky Munkey

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(7.98%)
    Diet:
    SW
    28g of original oatso simple is 5 syns on all plans, so working it out up to 40g would equal 7 syns, but i suppose if your allowed 28g as a HEX B, you could just count the difference as a syn and call it 2. i think..........

5. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    And don't forget porridge only counts as a healthy extra B choice if you have an oat/scan bran on the same day too :)

6. MummyClaire

MummyClaire Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    ...... someone else told me that if you don't use all your healthy extra's you dont need to syn what you do use ! ?
    i have been having shreddies as my HEx B on somedays and not having the 1 ryvita wholegrain CB with it :confused:

xxx

7. whoopidoo

whoopidoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks everyone. Really confused now as SW consultant said I could use it as a HExB. I lost 5.5lbs anyway so must have been ok :p

I don't go in that often but would have that again if I did. I don't always have a ryvita with my morning porridge if I have run out either - on those days I just make my porridge up to 30g, seems to be working out ok.

8. GayleH

GayleH Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    As my consultant would say, if it works for you go with it, when it starts to cause problems - stop. Enjoy. x

9. lowrygirl

lowrygirl Member

Great advice, 'tweaks' are ok if you're still losing weight, when you start to plateau you may need to reconsider your tweaks.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.