Me and Tony Ferguson...

1974rach

Gold Member
Am starting TF on 01/08/10 because I have just worked out that there will be 145 days till Christmas as of Sunday!

I've had a scout about at various different plans, and have always wished that there was a workable combination of VLCD & general weight loss plans, and from what I've read TF seems to cover the bases.

So after work tomorrow its off to Boots I go to stock up.

My official weigh in day will be next Thursday which will be a short week, but from then on it should be very easy to weigh in each week (there is a weight-loss class for families at the centre where I work - not for employees though!)

So fingers crossed for this one and a very interesting journey :D

xxx

I'll be really interested to hear how you get on Rach. I've been doing really well on ww but fancy TF cos its less thinking about food and I could do with a rest from pointing.

I've checked out the website too and it looks like a well organised plan so let me know how you get on. I may just well give it a go when my fridge is emptier

I bit the bullet and started today.

Let me know how you get on

Christmas? Haven't even accepted that it'll be autumn soon, never mind winter :cry:

xxx

Hey all,

Well I've got all my stuff... I've bought a weeks worth of shakes - my boots is hopeless though and didn't have the dietary fibre or the chromium. I bought some chromium from holland and barrett and I've already got some multi vits so I'll use them up first.

I must have read and re-read the programme guide three times, I'm really surprised at how much you can eat. The scales were scary though - that was the worst bit, but I figure this weigh in is the worst and when I weigh in on Thursday I will be in for a nice surprise!

Toots - how have you found it so far? and Lorna - Fingers crossed for a good start eh!

xxx

It's a bit strange having as many as the allowable veg as I want (soo hope I read that right) but it's keeping me on the straight and narrow. I like the simplicity and the fact that you never have to have a rumbly tummy

Have had just 1 cup of coffee - which is a miracle for me, have normally had at least 8 cups by this time. Have bought some decaf and am going to "treat" myself to a cup in a mo. You never know, I may even start sleeping through the night :eek:

So all going well so far - am going with the 5P theory (preparation prevents p*ss poor performance)

Good luck for tomorrow

xxx

lol! I like the 5p's myself! I am dead certain you are right on the veg...I am planning to experiment lots, but like you the simplicity appeals. It almost feels idiot proof.

xxx

I bliddy hope so. If there is a diet out there that I haven't tried I would be very surprised :eek:

xxx

I bliddy hope so. If there is a diet out there that I haven't tried I would be very surprised :eek:

xxx

:D hmmm I think I would be too! my kitchen shelf is littered with a thousand diet books..... none of them have worked (or maybe they do if I'd ever stuck to one :rolleyes:)

xxx

Well done both on starting TF, I cant wait to hear how you get on. I'll be interested to find out what the shakes/soups taste like. I'm struggling on WW atm and am looking for a change as soon as my fridge is emptier

Good luck

I hear ya, Rach. Cook books, plans - probably could pay to have liposuction with all the money I have spent over the years ;) Wanna know the annoying thing? The only weight problem I had was in my mind and it was only when I started dieting that I got fat :eek:

It's the coffee that is gonna be the killer for me on this plan. Don't know whether to continue with the decaff and postpone the start until side affects have subsided or just continue now that I've started but have caffeine coffee

Heeeeelp - I really want this to work. Which do you think would be better? At moment feeling pathetic -- head achey, sick, dizzy, weak and very very snippy (poor mum just got it with both barrels)............I really do have a full on caffeine addiction :eek::eek::eek:

xx

Hey up...

don't forget though that you are likely to get a stonking headache around day three anyway, so its going to be rough either way. Don't postpone starting because you will think of another reason not to start (I know I would)

If it was me, I'd ride out the caffeine withdrawal and get stuck in.

hugs babe, because it must be awful!

xxx

Now fully caffeinated :eek:

xx

Hiya I saw my boots lady today and Im thinking of starting TF too. not sure how long it will take to arrive but I am thinking of buying online tonight.
Love Jen x

Hi Jen

I went to Boots today and bought a weeks supply to see how I get on. I'm going to start tomorrow so am reading the book tonight and going to enjoy a last carby supper of pizza and chocolate.

I hopefully wont be too far behind you. I lost over 4 stone last year to wear my lovely wedding dress and in the last 7 months seem to have managed to get back up to over 21 stone so Im really getting desperate and annoyed with myself.

I've lost weigh and put on so many times I've lost count, but I'm not giving up its just a matter of finding out what works for you. I've done well on ww but need a change for a while to stop me thinking about food so much.

Are you def giving TF a go?

yeah ordered the shakes and some soups online so it will be on its way to me wooo hooo

Hey Rach

How's it going? Getting along with TF OK?

Jenny - I'm far too impatient to wait - had to buy there and then in Boots. :eek: Good luck with it

Vanda - :drool:

xx

Hey Jenny and Vanda!!

Well I'm two days in - and it is a doddle so far. I haven't been hungry, and if it helps this is what I've been having to eat:

8.00 Shake
10.00 Piece of fruit
12.00 7 Brazil Nuts (one of the allowable fats)
2.00 Soup or shake
4.00 7 Brazil Nuts
6.00 Protein Dinner & loads of salad
8.00 Piece of fruit

Because my BMI is over 40 I have 2 protein portions so 8oz per day, and generally have this for tea, so my tea looks substantial! In terms of the allowable fats, I only have 2 of the three portions, so that if the mood strikes I can still have a few more nuts.

Jenny - I just popped into boots, and bought the stuff without seeing anyone. I bought the plan book on Friday, read it, and went back for the shakes on Saturday. I didn't realise you had to speak to someone??

One thing I would say is buy one of every flavour of the soups and shakes - so far I've found the shakes ok but the Vegetable soup was way way to sweet for me, tomato was tolerable (but then I've never liked any of the soups on the VLCD's I've done before)

Can't wait to hear how you're getting on!

xxx

Back