Meal bars...

OscarsMum

Hi i am on week 2 and tried the cranberry bar today which was yummy...but since having it my stomach has ballooned and is horribly bloated. Has anyone else experienced this? It feels like when I have eaten wheat as I have an intolerance, but there is no wheat in the bar...

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I personally have the same problem so I always avoid the bars, but I know a lot of others love them and are fine on them.

I stay away from bars too, they also make me feel unwell and they taste yuk (imo)!!
I hate artificial tasting food, the milkshakes are much more pleasant ;)

I had my first bar on Sunday a chocolate chewy bar, really disapointed with it :(
It tasted awful, sorta malty?

But it did really bloat me out too.

Krissykat said:
I had my first bar on Sunday a chocolate chewy bar, really disapointed with it :(
It tasted awful, sorta malty?

But it did really bloat me out too.

that's why I prefer the crunchy bars, I dont like the taste or texture of the others (I still do have choc orange sometimes though! ha)

Hopefully they will be better, I'll try to get some of them at my weigh in tonight

Last edited:
Thank you for all your comments. I tried a peanut one for my lunch (5pm) and no bloating at all, was so stuffed after it I couldn't face my last shake which I know is v bad to skip. So decided to try a bar for breakfast one of the malty ones today then have my shakes later. Have to say the malt one is disgusting so forced it down with half a litre of water! According to wii fit I have lost 2 lbs since Tuesday, so that makes 18 lbs in 2 weeks and 2 days :eek:)

it's so funny! I LOVE the malt bars and the choc ones. they taste like chocolate coated fudge to me. or a curly wurly. seriously, they are the highlight of the diet, and of my day, somedays.

It is funny how we all have such different experiences with them! The malt one was lovely for the first 2 bites then it started to taste yucky! But the peanut and cranberry I love! And yes, definitely a highlight of my day now, being able to chew! But find them really, really filling - I haven't had my lunch yet as just haven't even thought about food! I will go and do that now....

The malt one was lovely for the first 2 bites then it started to taste yucky!

I thought exactly the same thing, got really excited cos it was like real chocolate then the after taste kicked in and it all went down hill :(

I've got mint choc, peanut and orange choc to try this week and might have one tonight and watch crappy tv as the O/H is out

Thanx for the info, much appreciated. :D

weight.png

Back