Meal ideas for brown rice

Laurenypop

Gold Member
I eat A LOT of chicken...I mean a lot lol.

What meal can I make with brown rice thats really filling and includes superfree...preferably no chicken. Costs me a fortune to keep my addiction in supply lol

This is what I use brown rice for!

Pete’s Yuk Sung

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 vegetable stock pot
1 red pepper, de-seeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 spring onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Washed & chilled “Little Gem” Lettuce (s) (sff)
1Tbsp garlic, finely chopped (sff)
1Tbsp cider vinegar
1Tbsp dried sage
2cm cube of ginger, finely sliced
2 tbsp. oyster sauce (2syn/2=1syn)
3 tbsp. dark soy sauce
125g Mushrooms, finely chopped (s) (sff)
200g Brown Rice (ff)
250g Tesco “Healthy Living” low Fat Pork (ff)
Dash of sesame oil (1syn/2=0.5syn)
Salt & pepper

Method

Weigh out 120g brown rice, wash in a sieve until the water runs clear then fill a pan with cold water and add rice to the water and bring to the boil then turn heat down and allow simmering for 40 mins.
Tip rice into a sieve and leave on the ring for a few minutes with a lid on to allow to steam. Then put to one side.
Use a heavy bottomed frying pan, cook the mince until it is browned and all liquid has evaporated.
Add the soy sauce, dash of sesame oil, then add the veg stock pot, mix well, add chopped mushrooms, peppers, ginger, garlic & spring onions & cook for 5 mins then add the rice and cider vinegar, mix thoroughly with the remaining soy sauce. Finally add oyster sauce.
Cook until the rice is hot, place mixture into freshly washed and chilled Little Gem Lettuce.

Yuk Sung.JPG

OMG brilliant recipe! And very very pretty presentation. Guess what i'm going to make for my dinner tonight?!!! I will post a photo, don't think it'll look as amazing as this though!

I do a nice tuna salad dish with it but it would have syns- it's a Delia recipe. Brown rice, tuna, cucumber, spring onions, lemon juice, vinaigrette and some sausage sliced into it. Yum!

I do a nice tuna salad dish with it but it would have syns- it's a Delia recipe. Brown rice, tuna, cucumber, spring onions, lemon juice, vinaigrette and some sausage sliced into it. Yum!

Omg sounds so good!! I'm loving brown rice now, expensive but worth cooking one batch of it for me and white rice for husband lol.

Back