Meal ideas for work

blue31

Hi guys'

Apologies for all the posts recently and I'm sorry if this has already been covered somewhere else but I am major struggling for meal ideas for work. I get one hours lunch so not enough time to cook anything and I'm a very fussy eater but would like something quick and easy but tasteful aswell instead of just bland chicken Breast. I like ham, chicken, eggs (but only in omlette form) turkey, yoghurts, beef, i only like lettuce and cucumber in salad.

Sorry but any advise help would be greatly greatly appreciated! :) xx

Have you looked through the recipes section for inspiration? A lot of hot meals can be prepared the night before and eaten cold/reheated at work. I do that at times - stuff like chilli, and the the salt & pepper chicken is to die for hot or cold for example. I tend to have a lot of meat/fish salads (as I dont get a proper break and tend to have to eat around my duties so a salad I can come back to is ideal) but I love a wide range of ingredients and herbs/spices. Do you eat fish? If you are that fussy are you entirely sure this is the diet for you? Bit of tough love there, no offence intended....Anyway, there are some first rate chef types on here who will no doubt have some great ideas.

My work meals are usually salads: favourites are salmon (poached with some herbs), chicken, crab, cottage cheese, tuna, venison terrine ( from waitrose) prawns,plus anything else that I've identified as ok fat and carb wise. A lot of the ingredients can be bought off the shelf, though you have to watch the contents. Cold chicken I get from M&S usually and tend to cook the rest myself. Salad is basic fresh lettuce plus tomato and cucumber. I often add a bit of dressing, but that's probably forbidden on strict dukan. Always plenty and its worked ok for me so far...!

If you can make the galette (my efforts can be a bit varieable) they make a good wrap, spread thinly with a bit of quark and smoked salmon or ham. Or you can also make wraps with slices of ham or beef, again spread with quark and chop a pickled gherkin onto it and roll tightly up. The meat rolls with gherkin make nice savory nibbles too if you get home starving and it's a long wait until supper!

Last edited:
Not sure how this sounds, but I've tried this before -

Line the bottom of a silicone muffin tray with sliced ham
Beat small tub of cottage cheese with 3 eggs
Spoon mixture into muffin tray and bake for 25-30 mins at 180C...

They end up like mini quiches and are ideal cold for work the next day. You can mix and match what you put in them...prawns are nice and on PV days try with peppers, mushroom and onion.....

xxx

kate that sounds lush.

I make my dukan microwave bread every day and use that as a sandwich with chicken, beef or eggs. I on occasion make salads with tuna or egg.

Sausages cold are nice, quorn items. Quiches as above or just mix eggs and cottage cheese (50g cottage per egg) add ham or chicken or veggies and bake in muffin moulds, can then be frozen and taken out night before for what you need.

Chicken shredded, fish bites or fishcakes, my fave is to make omlettes with just plain egg, quite thin ones and then spread a bit of quark on them, with slices of meat and then roll up like a wrap. Very tasty. Can be eaten cold or re heat for 30s only otherwise will turn out rubbery.

Thanks for the ideas guys, I think I may need to attempt the dukan bread and have that with meat as I like very little other food that we are allowed, I don't like seafood, I don't like cottage cheese or mushrooms or peppers or onions. I dont like tomatoes any sort of cheese and i struggle to keep egg down in any other format then an omelette. I did dukan for two months last time and lost two stone but I purely ate, chicken, beef, turkey and ham and lettuce and cucumber and green beans and peas.

Im finding it more difficult this time around but I need to lose weight and fairly quick I struggle more being at work as I work long days and rarely find time to pop out.

Thanks again guys I shall be grinning and bearing
It and hopefully my mum will attempt to make some of the dukan bread for me x

Some great Lunch Ideas there....I'll be trying them too xxx

You can try making the galette and have a wrap for lunch! If you make the quiche - its not "cottage cheesy" so you might like it even though you dont like cottage cheese! If it really puts you off you can use Fat free fromage frais or natural yog - I have the quiche every other day for lunch - then a salad and meat on PV days. :D Perhaps you could make and take soup in a thermos?

Noooo, you could make a meat soup. We can use oxo cubes for stock, then you could add chicken with a small amount of onion. Boil up and the blitz in blender. A lovely thick chicken soup.

Also egg drop soup....I can't find my recipe on my word files, but if you google it you'll find it on a dukan blog somewhere.

Prawn soup is another.

Soup can be made out of anything, just blitz it LOL

Noooo, you could make a meat soup. We can use oxo cubes for stock, then you could add chicken with a small amount of onion. Boil up and the blitz in blender. A lovely thick chicken soup.

Also egg drop soup....I can't find my recipe on my word files, but if you google it you'll find it on a dukan blog somewhere.

Prawn soup is another.

Soup can be made out of anything, just blitz it LOL

Aahhhh yes egg drop soup! If you look on my diary in the beginning I had that as bit, I'm sure I've put the recipe up! Yum yum yum - think i might have that tomorrow!

Oooooooo thanks guys :) who would have known soup could make someone so happy. Lol honest that's made my day I love soup especially in this snowy weather! I'll be experimenting tomorrow

Thanks again life savers :) xx

Youre welcome blue.

I only did egg drop soup once, but I have so many recipes in my binder that I kind of don't get round them all. i need to restart the binder i think and stop eating only my faves LOL.

Just been reading this as I have a similar problem with what to have at work! Will try 'wraps' and soup too i think!

Back