Meal out....Help!!!

Vic6891

So I have a meal to go to with my friends, its something that I can’t get out of. It will probably be a pub meal but I have no idea what to order without having any of the dreaded consequences. Any suggestions because I'm really stuck apart from ordering a Dry salad!!!

I'd probably go for either grilled chicken or steak and ask for it with salad or maybe jacket potato and vegetables? Make sure you tell them you are on a low fat diet so hold off on any butter or sauces.

I may have to give that a go, I'm just not a big fan of dry potatoes but needs must I suppose, I wish I liked beans, at least then I would be able to eat baked bean jacket potato with no problem! Me and my fussy ways. Ha.

I've eaten out sooo much recently.and never found it a problem...yet ... Think you'll be surprised. At pizza express i asked for a pasta.in a tomato based sauce, I've had a steak with jacket spud and the steak was really juicy so the spud didnt seem dry. Most.places are accommodating if you explain. One of the pubs i went to made some bits separately for me and mixed the menu options round for me which was lovely. Just don't feel bad asking! :) have a lovely time! :)

I may have a word with the staff and see if they can help me. I like the idea of having a steak and jacket potatoe but that was my biggest fear that it would be dry! I may still give that a go because then I know what I'm eating and can work it out easier. Failing that I may just have my tea in the house and just consume a couple of voddy and diet Cokes instead. Haha.

Just be careful of jackets in pubs and restaurants as they are often coated in fat before they cook them so leave the skin

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I didn't. It's one of the things I learned via slimming world. The worst ones are the big chains like wetherspoons

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nah you don't. Just explain the situation to them and theyll put something together for you. Have a good time. :)

Nah you don't. Just explain the situation to them and theyll put something together for you. Have a good time. :)

I agree! If you are paying for the food they should cook it how you want it.

I wouldn't go in to the details I would just say that you are following a doctors diet plan so have to have very low fat so can they ensure things are not cooked in oil or have butter / dressings added. Maybe ask for a wedge of lemon or something to add a bit of flavour to any salad. Or you could even be very very vague and say it's just due to "dietry requirements"

I used to be so shy about asking for what I actually wanted in places and would never complain if food or service was bad. But my mum developed diabetes and obviously has to be very careful with sugars, if there is sugar hidden in things it could be potentially dangerous so now the whole family are very specific about things when we eat out and have never had any problems so far.

Back