meal planning

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
I love my food and have tried to plan a weeks meals but failed miserably every time. i can plan a days food maybe two but a week.... Eek .... i regularly dont fancy what ive planned to make so i then want to snack as i leave my meal because i havent enjoyed it..... anyone any tips on meal planning

I only plan the big eats :D like lunches to work, for me and my Hubby - we both doing SW, it saves me thinking every night what to cook for the next day and what he would fancy, we just sit down at the weekend and plan lunches and his breakfast, I do a shopping list at the same time. I guess I am really lucky with my Husband because he will go for the easy things and does not like me "wasting my life" in the kitchen. weekend we eat whatever we fancy - sticking to the rules- and evening something light because we go to gym and staff.
my tip is plan some and leave some flexibility :D

Nika said:
I only plan the big eats :D like lunches to work, for me and my Hubby - we both doing SW, it saves me thinking every night what to cook for the next day and what he would fancy, we just sit down at the weekend and plan lunches and his breakfast, I do a shopping list at the same time. I guess I am really lucky with my Husband because he will go for the easy things and does not like me "wasting my life" in the kitchen. weekend we eat whatever we fancy - sticking to the rules- and evening something light because we go to gym and staff.
my tip is plan some and leave some flexibility :D

My hubby Is kind of doing sw as in he eats most meals i make he hates fish though but i love it

I agree, I plan something in my head but it comes down to what I fancy. I try to keep loads of backup 'free meals' in for times like that, like pasta'n'sauces and tins of Asda vegetable chilli- but when nothing will do it except for what's on your mind, I think you've just got to change the plan and go and get what you want (within reason, I mean if you fancy tuna salad and you'd planned for cottage pie, not if you fancy a Pizza Hut :D)

Otherwise I have what I plan, then do exactly what you said and snack and snack and try and curb the fancy- eventually I sometimes end up just going out and getting what I fancied in the first place and eating that AS WELL!! Saying that, I am particularly greedy and when I get a fancy for something I am in trouble :)

What about planning seven different meals, but not saying 'Monday I will have jacket potato and Tuesday I will have spaghetti Bolognese' instead getting everything you need for seven meals, then each night seeing which one you want the most. That way, you've got a plan in place in that you have the ingredients to have a SW friendly meal, and you know the syns of it because you've thought about it in advance- but you're not stuck with a dinner you don't really have an appetite for.

Does that even make sense?? I say everything in such a roundabout way!!

Aston said:
I agree, I plan something in my head but it comes down to what I fancy. I try to keep loads of backup 'free meals' in for times like that, like pasta'n'sauces and tins of Asda vegetable chilli- but when nothing will do it except for what's on your mind, I think you've just got to change the plan and go and get what you want (within reason, I mean if you fancy tuna salad and you'd planned for cottage pie, not if you fancy a Pizza Hut :D)

Otherwise I have what I plan, then do exactly what you said and snack and snack and try and curb the fancy- eventually I sometimes end up just going out and getting what I fancied in the first place and eating that AS WELL!! Saying that, I am particularly greedy and when I get a fancy for something I am in trouble :)

What about planning seven different meals, but not saying 'Monday I will have jacket potato and Tuesday I will have spaghetti Bolognese' instead getting everything you need for seven meals, then each night seeing which one you want the most. That way, you've got a plan in place in that you have the ingredients to have a SW friendly meal, and you know the syns of it because you've thought about it in advance- but you're not stuck with a dinner you don't really have an appetite for.

Does that even make sense?? I say everything in such a roundabout way!!

I fancied my low syn smoked mackerel pate tonight so went to buy ingredients ... It was good and at only half a syn for loads (if you use aldis low syn mackerel) was so worth the drive to supermarket

Back