Meal with no veg or egg? ideas?

losingit

Silver Member
I have someone coming round in a few hours and have no idea what to cook for them! They don't do vegetables and they don't eat egg. I'm kinda stuck cos all my best Atkins food uses tons of vegetables :(. I could give them a steak but i don't have anything to go with it. I don't really have carby food in my house either to give. He is quite heavy himself so i'm sure he has no problem eating but i can't think what to cook!? *shrugs*

Sounds like my brother-in-law...he won't touch vegetables, unless it's a potato :rolleyes:

I don't really see what you can do unless you can nip out and get some pasta or something. With b-i-l, I usually resort to some version of bolognese sauce (going light on the onion and tomato to keep the carbs down) and put his on pasta and mine on a bed of steamed greens of some kind. Nice sprinkling of cheese on top, and I'm done.

That's all I can think of I'm afraid :(

Thanks - i don't think there is an answer here. Might suggest a takeaway from the chip shop and get myself a chicken doner kebab minus the pitta and he can have what he likes :).

Hope you managed to figure something out. We actually have a carby cupboard for DD - so can always do a bit of pasta in desperation:) i've also served people my low carb pitta and not told them!

Back