Meals off plan and the scales

Caz

Repeat Offender
After a pretty good week on Exante I've had a fail of a weekend! Friday I had a bar and then chinese in the evening, but did stop when I was full. Yesterday I had a cheese burger and fries while out and some pick and mix. But that's all I had each day. I expected to get on the scales and have gained at least 3-4 lbs but I haven't, I've not gained anything at all. I know I didn't eat loads, no more than 1000-1200 each day but that's still far more calories and carbs than allowed on Exante, so shouldn't I be seeing that on the scales or does it take a few days?

Takes a few days Hun for your body to store it as fat. Or you may be lucky xx

It won't be stored as fat though. 1lb of fat is 3500 calories so the gains that you see if you go off plan on Exante aren't fat, they're your glycogen stores refilling and water retention. Hopefully I've been lucky!

You've answered your own question there hun LOL

Lol it's the how long bit I don't know

i had a binge friday night, and nothing showed untill sunday but over night i lost 4lb so my guess is water xx

Water and you've knocked yourself out of ketosis. For me it takes about 2-3 days to show on the scales, then another 2-3 to get it off, so not worth cheating IMHO

Bingeing is why you're in this situation in the first place. Figuring out why you binge is the key or you will end up losing the weight then piling it all back on again. It's hard to stop lifetime habits and it just takes time x

Back