meat or quorn

pos bird

Hi. I hear a lot on the site about quorn and how great it is for weight loss. Does anyone find they get better weight loss eating quorn instead of meat.

I eat quorn mince and meat free sausages (not quorn sausage or burgers cos they awful, try asdas or linda mcartney) cos I prefer them to real meat. I hate beef mince I've always struggled to eat even extra lean lol I use quorn mince in shepherds pies and bolognaise. Would use it in lasagne but havnt tried a slimming world lasagne recipe yet

I personally hate quorn but it is lower in fat. All meat used on the SW plan should be lean and trimmed off excess fat anyway so I'm happy to avoid quorn at all costs lol.

When I was on S W years ago I made a chicken (quorn pieces) curry! As soon as I put my fork down I had terrible pains and was then sick. An hour later I was sick again. I read an article sometime ago saying that some people have an intollerance to it and I certainly am! The same thing happened to my bro in law. I also obviously avoid the stuff (shudder) :(

I eat quorn mince and meat free sausages (not quorn sausage or burgers cos they awful, try asdas or linda mcartney) cos I prefer them to real meat. I hate beef mince I've always struggled to eat even extra lean lol I use quorn mince in shepherds pies and bolognaise. Would use it in lasagne but havnt tried a slimming world lasagne recipe yet

Me too I prefer quorn to meat, so of the quorn stuff is fantastic some not too good. But I think the most versatile is the mince.

When I was on S W years ago I made a chicken (quorn pieces) curry! As soon as I put my fork down I had terrible pains and was then sick. An hour later I was sick again. I read an article sometime ago saying that some people have an intollerance to it and I certainly am! The same thing happened to my bro in law. I also obviously avoid the stuff (shudder) :(

I've heard a few people say that, I think it's because quorn is a fungus(?), the same people can't eat mushrooms either, so not too sure if there is a conection.

Hi. I hear a lot on the site about quorn and how great it is for weight loss. Does anyone find they get better weight loss eating quorn instead of meat.

The fat content difference between extra lean mince and quorn is largely unmeasurable.

Also can I make a suggestion:

Tesco meat free Lincolnshire sausages.

They are 1syn or 1.5syns I can't remember and they are 100% tastier than quorn sausages (which I hate) so worth the extra syns.

I do really like quorn mince, it absorbs a lot of the flavours from the veg/tomatoes you make the sauce with and tastes delicious.

i wish i liked quorn because it is so low in fat but don't like the mince or the sausages and im too scared to try anything else lol x

I use quorn mince because meat mince makes me heave it's so smelly and fatty but I do avoid quorn chicken style pieces I don't know how anyone eats them last time I tried I was trying to swallow them whole instead of chewing them strange texture with no taste

I had the Linda McCartney red onion sausages this week and they were nice I had 2 which got a bit sickly toward the end but if you had one with an egg and sw chips makes a really nice meal beans or mushy peas on the side

I don't know about anyone else but I won't eat something unpleasant just because I'm on a "diet" the key to sticking to any plan is to enjoy what you are eating and to make food as normal as possible I don't mind healthy eating but I'm not going to sit at my desk baulking over a celery stick when I can have a yummy mug shot and some fruit

xx

i like both, love extra lean mince in my chilli but i do love the quorn burgers when i really need a mcdonald's quick fix but also I like doing burgers with the mince as well. It all depends if im in a cooking in the kitchen mood or want something quick from frozen and the quorn burgers are surprisingly nice, i havent tried the sausages yet, im dying to do the sausages and mash with onion gravy from the sw books. very hearty british food with a slimming world twist, love it!

I don't like quorn mince texture, I use 'Neales Yard' Savoury Soya Mince from Holland & Barrett. It's FREE on all plans, sooooo easy to incorporate into recipes and only cost £1.69 (currently buy one get one 1/2 price) for a big bag that makes at approx 15 meals!

I love quorn! As a veggie I use a lot of it (although I do cook a lot of vegan meals too and quorn is a nono of course!) but even before I was veggie I used quorn mince as I always hated beef mince. I did try the dehydrated soya mince as it's much cheaper but never liked the texture of it.

I do like quorn sausages but the Tesco meatfree ones mentioned before are tonnes nicer and only 1.5 syns. I love the quorn fillets too and the fakey bacon. Viva la quorn!

Going to try a week of quorn instead of meat and check out Tue weight loss. Will do it on a red day to monitor carbs.

Back