Medication

Emmy_lu

Silver Member
Been to the doctors and have been put on medication which I'm told to take 3 times a day with food or it can cause really bad stomach pains, I didn't want to tell my doctor about lipotrim Incase he told me to come off it, just wondered if you all think shakes count as food or should i eat something small when I take it. I'm on day 54 so don't want to undo all my hard work

I'd say it's food. I would tell your docs though. It was a doc who recomended LT to me in the first place. GL!

Usually when you are told to take medication with food it is because whatever it is you are taking is too raw for the lining of the stomach if the stomach is empty (or so I believe and have been told in the past). Depending on the type of medication it is you are taking I would take it after a shake and see how you go. If you feel fine they continue as you are but if not defo get back to the doctors and ask for an alternative!
Let us know how you get on x x x

Thanks for replying I reckon it counts as food Aswell, I thought he might take me off it because I'm anemic but wish I'd told him now, I think these tablets have taken me out of ketosis because I've woke up starving, and I'm shaking where I'm so hungry it's like day 3 again :-(

Ah no way :(
Just give the doctor a ring hun, even if you only speak over the phone and explain they will advise what is best! This diet is fab but at the end of the day your health is much more important! X x x

I've been on medication for the past 3 weeks and the ones the doc gave me do say take with a meal so I've taken with my shakes and have been fine as I've treated the shakes as my meals....hope you get sorted xx

Back