1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Mediterranean Vegetable and Tomato Soup

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by hazysummer, 4 March 2011 Social URL.

1. hazysummer

hazysummer Full Member

Slimming World
    Mediterranean Vegetable and Tomato Soup

from New Covent Garden Food Company's 'Soup for all seasons'

1 tbs olive oil (or frylight) (6 if using)
    1 small onion finely chopped
    1 clove of garlic, crushed
    1/2 finely diced red pepper
    1/2 finely diced yellow pepper
    2 diced courgettes (smallish)
    1 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
    1 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
    1 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
    1 tins chopped tomatoes
    I litre marigold stock
    1 tablespoon sundried tomato paste (3 syns)
    fresh parsley, chopped

Cook the onion and garlic with in olive oil until soft - try not to brown. Add peppers, courgettes, paprika and rosemary, cook for 3 minutes stirring. Add balsamic vinegar, simmer for 2 minutes, then add tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add tomato paste, parsley, season and serve.

3 syns for the lot – makes 4-5 portions

This is an old favourite in our household - OH loves it too - says the smoked paprika gives it a bacony taste.

I've always followed the recipe exactly as its fab as is - I suppose you could add some white beans to bulk it up, or some green beans for colour.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Thanks - back to packed lunches next week so am on soup idea alert.
  4. HappyEm

HappyEm Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight Watchers
    Ooh Hazysummer...yum, yum. Ive just printed this off in work and I am going to make a batch of it tommorrow. It sounds devine.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.