Meetings help

Neveragain

Hi all,
I have a class on Monday and I stay after the weigh in. This time I'm struggling if I should tell the group my weekend. Because this weekend is the carnival and its literately outside my front door (2 steps away from my garden fence, there is a ice cream van). There is two burger vans, ice creams, cupcakes and sweets there too and I proudly ignored every thing. I even held my daughters ice cream while she went on rides and didnt have a lick. I was so in controlled and loved that I can enjoy a good family day out without food overtaking the day.

And I would like to tell my C and the group how well I did and in turn hopefully help others members who might be close to a carnival too but there is one person that is stopping me. She is member in the group, well she said in last week meeting she went to the carnival and she didnt bother with slimming world she ate burgers and chips and ice cream and loved it, which is fair enough. But i dont want to go in this week and feel like im rubbing her nose in it.

So how do I approach this?

because before I would be the first one in the queue for everything. But im fed up now and i want my life back so i am 100% commited to this and proud of my small achievement today.

Thank you

It's not your fault she can't say no lol, go hold your head up high and be proud of what you achieved. She may have took a flexi syn day to accommodate for the carnival so I shouldn't worry only your loss should be your concern xx

when ur SWC goes thru ur loss etc does she ask u how ur week was? co thats what mine does n obviously this would be a perfect oppourtunity to let everyone know how well u did!
in all honesty i think u should do as foodjunkie said! u should be proud, and during group i much rather hear of people that say i resisted XYZ and im still alive! rather than well i went out but had to have all of this coz then i feel like i can do it too, when people go on about i went for a night out (for example) got completely rat arsed and had a massive greasy kebab with chips after makes me not wana go out incase i too feel like that(especially when they still loose 3-4lb and theres me being 100% n only loosing 0.5llb!!)! but when someone says well i went out sat night, but i had a few drinks and stuck within my syns, and had a free chicken kebab without the pitta after (just for example) makes me feel like actually i can do it! i dont need food to rule my life or to have a good time :0 so go, share ur success and achievement be proud of it and i can guarentee u'll be an inspiration to at least one other person! and tbh the lady in question probably wouldnt take much notice, and if anything will prob think "good on her!" xxx

Thanks girls, that how i was going to say it when she asks how my week has been. I enjoyed my dinner way much better than a greasy burger, it was chicken breast with garlic, lemon and herbs on top, with a heap of salad, slimming world chips with fromage fais, lemon and herb dressing and for dessert total 0% yogurt with strawberries on top (really helps with the bitter taste). Was gorgeous, nothing beats a oven cooked chicken yum yum

Your consultant would love you! meetings are supposed to inspire and motivate,

Quite. I want to hear how people managed to avoid temptation or mitigate their mistakes. If they fell off the wagon, that's fine, tell us how you got back on.

Back