Meetings or go it alone?

wildfruit

Just wondering if going to meetings makes a huge difference to motivation? Ordered my pack on eBay and will decide in a few weeks if I need the meetings . Anyone else going it alone or are meetings invaluable ???

Personally I need the meetings,I've done it so many times by myself and although I do well I slip back into old habits as I have nobody to answer too.
I've been on plan 6 weeks now and it's the longest I've ever stayed,I don't stay for the group talk as I must admit it feels like a class at school,but I do go and get weighed every week xx

I'm doing it myself because I work shifts so meetings are a no go for me. I probably could do with the whole group motivation thing which is why I'm here :D
I am more inclined to do better if I have to tell someone what I weigh every week.

Im a 'go it alone' kind of girl, well I work shifts too so cant make it to meetings, well using this webs site is not like going it alone with all the great tips :)

I think it depends how much willpower you have. I need someone to kick my bum, my legs aren't that flexible lol x

I don't stay to meetings but I do still go and get weighed. As others have said I need that accountability.

My sisters a WW leader and has offered to weigh me weekly at her house on the proper scales, I even said no to that as I'd rather keep it to myself (my weight!!)

I'm loving this minimins site though, very good support and plenty of lovely people to answer all your questions :D

Curlywho said:
My sisters a WW leader and has offered to weigh me weekly at her house on the proper scales, I even said no to that as I'd rather keep it to myself (my weight!!)

Ooh, wouldn't go to meetings if it was my sister doing it!!!

This forum is definitely helping as a newbie it all seems quite daunting at first but everyones been really helpful and friendly an now on my second day and I feel quite comfortable with the diet and understanding the points system .

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

i prefer the meetings, i need to be made accountable and i've always stayed to meetings, you learn lots of useful tips and make friends along the way.
if you think you can do it alone go for it, many people can, but i'm not one of them.

i think the stats say you lose more going to class! i just started today and intend on going for motivation!x

I always used to stay to meetings and rarely lost anything. I don't stay now as they don't fit with my other programme.

Yes am finding this sight very helpful and people very friendly in fact it doesn't feel like I'm going it alone, it may just be enough for me to stick to this diet ... 3 days and so far so good !!!

Well done to you :0) am on my 14th week and still use this site daily,starting a diary on here is also a good thing to do :0)

Personally i think going to meetings is better if you can. I seem to do better if i have someone to answer to. Im not able to stay for most meetings due to young daughter and work hours but it still helps to go and get weighed.

On the other hand i did enjoy the freedom of going it alone but i just couldnt rein it in properly. By the sounds of it though you seem to be doing fine with it so keep up the good work :)

Thankyou I think I'll see how I go for the next few weeks and then maybe go to meetings if I'm struggling !!! This forum has been a godsend tho so maybe it will be enough :)

Back