Megs Munching Misery!!!

Megna92

So... today is 20/05/2012 and tomorrow I am going to embark on the slim and save eating plan (4 items a day + veg). Don't really know how to feel if I'm honest. I'm quite anxious?

A bit about me:

I have just turned 20 and for the last 5 years my weight has been something that always bothered me. I weighed just under 13stone at the age of 16 from what I remember. It was the year that my mother died and since then my weight has just increased. It's not as if I've not tried to lose weight, trust me I have...but I'm having a difficult time at the moment, and counting calories and heading to the gym only work for so long before my motivation disappears and the weight piles back on. I'm hoping SnS will give me that kick start I need to get me on my way to 12st 7lbs.

I'm in my first year of studying towards becoming a nurse, and so far I have found it challenging emotionally and physically. Depending on my placements I've sometimes come home so shattered after a 12 hour shift that I dont want to eat very much, or when I've done 9-5 office based work I'm so mentally tired that I drive via Asda and purchase all the junk food I can afford. It's a horrible cycle; I eat, feel miserable about my weight, try to do something about it, lose motivation, eat more, feel miserable about myself...you get the picture. It doesn't help that my dad has started to make digs about my weight because that just makes me feel even worse. It's nice how supportive the only parent I have left is being...not.

I am currently at the heaviest I have ever been and I'm struggling to fit into my size 18 clothes. I'd love to be a size 14-16 again and feel comfortable enough to strip off infront of my on/off partner. He loves me as I am, but I am determined to slim down with this eating plan and get my confidence back. Hopefully everyone here will be willing to support me along the way. I know it's going to be hard but...BRING ON TOMORROW.;)

Last edited:
Just wanted to wish you luck!

I'm starting tomorrow also :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks emms31! Keep in contact, it'll be good to have someone starting the same day. Good luck to you too!

Hello,

Wishing you good luck on your new eating plan, S&S has been amazing so far for me and I hope it will be for you too, really puts you in control :) be great to see how you do.

Thanks everyone, I shall let you all know how I'm getting on! :)

Okay, so I started today and have so far had a vanilla caramel shake and a lemon & white choc bar. The shake wasn't too horrific, although it definitely tastes better with less water. The bar is so so so sickly! It doesnt taste bad but it is just really sweet. I won't lie, I'm not looking forward to doing this for the next 2 weeks. I was excited to start this diet plan but I'm feeling a bit disheartened now.
However, I wont give in and I'm determined to stick to it. Hopefully the meals will be better! :cry:

Update!

Okay, so I started today and have so far had a vanilla caramel shake and a lemon & white choc bar. The shake wasn't too horrific, although it definitely tastes better with less water. The bar is so so so sickly! It doesnt taste bad but it is just really sweet. I won't lie, I'm not looking forward to doing this for the next 2 weeks. I was excited to start this diet plan but I'm feeling a bit disheartened now.
However, I wont give in and I'm determined to stick to it. Hopefully the meals will be better! :cry:

Update:

I've just had the mushroom pasta for my evening meal. Added some button mushrooms to it and it was really tasty. Feeling a lot better about the plan now. Today has gone soooo slowwwwwwww though! :eek:

Megna92 said:

Stick with it chick. You can do it. It will get easier and think how amazing you will feel when you get to your goal. Xxxx

What meal you planning to have? Im going to try the spicy spag and im going to add mushrooms as my veg. Hopefully it will be yummy xx

Megna92 said:

Good luck. Keep going! I'm starting tomorrow (fingers crossed my order comes) so I'll be on here a lot to see how everyone is getting on :)

I've just had the mushroom pasta and added button mushrooms to it. Was actually surprised by how tasty it was and its restored my faith in this plan haha! Actually quite full now! Let me know how the spag bol goes...I haven't tried it yet but I've ordered quite a few of them. I probably should have tried samples but I thought I'd be best off ordering in bulk to just get stuck in. No better time than the present!

Thanks Laura! I shall do! Good luck to you as well. I'm sure we'll all do great. Posting on here is keeping me motivated and distracted from wanting to binge on bad stuff so thats a bonus!

Cool will let u know later. Im not eating it until the kids r in bed lol. I want peace. Glad your feeling better xx

Cool will let u know later. Im not eating it until the kids r in bed lol. I want peace. Glad your feeling better xx

Alright lovely! Haha I don't blame you...and thanks! Bring on day 2 xx

Good luck to you new starters - I'm 2 weeks in and it's worth it - I also found that the I got used to the taste of the packs after a while. Mushroom pasta with extra mushrooms is a good one and also cauli (or brocolli & Cauli) is good with the macaroni cheese.

I agree! It bulks it out and makes it feel as if you're having a proper meal. I'm glad because I'd struggle otherwise. Thanks for the tip Deb!

Good luck hun, get those first few days done and you be well on the way Xx

Back