Men Doing Slimming World

davytah

Hi all,
i joined minimins looking for support and help whilst doing slimming world from home. Are there any other men doing slimming world on here. it would be intersted to hear another mans point of view and hints and tips, such as exercise and food...

look forward to hearing from anyone out there.

Hiya,

man here :) and yeah got my 3rd wi on Saturday and going well so far :)

If theres anything you want to know i would be happy to help.

Cheers

Paul

Hi ya doin Paul. Nice to know there are other men out there dieting :)

Had my first weigh in today and I lost 6lb I'm delighted... At least I know it's going in the right direction.

What sort of exercise do you do? I'm thinking of starting swimming and doing weights.

Congrats, great start!

I notice our height/weight/target stats are almost identical! I've been taking the scenic route a bit since Christmas but I've found a new love for Badminton twice a week, it's cheap to get into, low impact (dodgy knee here) and I've been wearing a chest monitor and watch while playing and normally get up to around 900 cals in an hour.

This site has been a real godsend for me and I visit every day for tips, meal ideas or just a bit of inspiration, good luck and don't be afraid to ask if you need help with anything.

Hey grizzly,
Funny enough me and my wife have asked my sister and her partner to join us on Sunday for a game of badminton. I've never played before so here's hoping I like it.

Hoping to get swimming also, the job I do is pretty much sitting all the time so walking to and from work and any other forms of exercise I get are few and far between. It's always trying to make the time is the problem I have.

I am also 5' 10"....... but female ha ha! Well done to all you men out there, we often forget that S W is for both sexes! A 6lb weight loss is fantastic, whoop whoop

I am a male and doing SW! I love it, best decision I ever made! Made loads of great new friends!

I must admit the first time I went along to a session I was nervous and thought women would think men were weird joining, but everyone is there for the same reasons - to lose weight! Don't be nervous if your male - if anything women love having a male in the session!! Haha

I've lost just under 3 stone in 7 months and still going! Monday nights without SW wouldn't be the same!!

Hello mate, sorry for the slow response, congrats on your 6lb loss thats a great start in anyones books :)

As for exercise i am currently not doing much other than general walking about at wokr and at weekends as my weight has put a lot of pressure on my joints but as soon as i have lost another stone or 2 i plan to be a lot more active.

I plan on getting myself a multigym and doing some weights and then getting back into some sports like badminton which i used to play a lot.

I hope you stick with it, will be nice to have another guy to chat with about it as im in for the long haul lol

Hi ya doin Paul. Nice to know there are other men out there dieting :)

Had my first weigh in today and I lost 6lb I'm delighted... At least I know it's going in the right direction.

What sort of exercise do you do? I'm thinking of starting swimming and doing weights.

Congrats, great start!

I notice our height/weight/target stats are almost identical! I've been taking the scenic route a bit since Christmas but I've found a new love for Badminton twice a week, it's cheap to get into, low impact (dodgy knee here) and I've been wearing a chest monitor and watch while playing and normally get up to around 900 cals in an hour.

This site has been a real godsend for me and I visit every day for tips, meal ideas or just a bit of inspiration, good luck and don't be afraid to ask if you need help with anything.

I know this is a thread for the fellas .. but I had to respond to that - 900 calories in an hour's Badminton?!? That's fantastic. I used to play years ago ... I might try and persuade the daughter to see if she'll come with me if I book a court. Even just going once a week would be worth it. I wear a pedometer and do the 10,000 steps a day walking, but I don't get anywhere near 900 calories. Not even half that!!

Morrigan96 said:
I know this is a thread for the fellas .. but I had to respond to that - 900 calories in an hour's Badminton?!? That's fantastic. I used to play years ago ... I might try and persuade the daughter to see if she'll come with me if I book a court. Even just going once a week would be worth it. I wear a pedometer and do the 10,000 steps a day walking, but I don't get anywhere near 900 calories. Not even half that!!

I know, you assume it's a nice relaxing sport lol

It will be different for everyone though, I was nearly 20st when I started and incredibly unfit! I think I'll wear my polar stuff again tonight and see if there's much difference.

Hi Davytah,

I started SW back in November, joining my wife, because I had just seen my holiday photos. Barely recognised myself!

Bit weird at first, lots of strange looks, but am now part of the furniture. Almost at the 2st mark...keep hitting a wall though, so am really having to focus. I find that client meals/drinks events are the hardest to resist temptation.

Have found this site to be brilliant for recipies. Word of advice, I'd steer clear of the scanbran stuff they sell at group! Every time I've used it it just tastes of wet cardboard...not that I go around eating much wet cardboard... The SW magazine is also quite good for recipies, as is the SW website. Can be easy to get stuck in a rut with easy to cook foods, but a bit of variety helps no end.

As for exercise, I play golf a fair bit, but ensure I walk whenever I can, rather than hopping in the car or on a bus, pretty much anything that keeps me active.

Good luck with SW and shout if I can help with anything.

Hey misterq, thanks for the reply. I'm finding it ok on sw at the min. I've lost 1stone in 5 weeks which I'm really happy about. I do sw at home so I don't go the the clubs but so far finding it easy enough to follow. Exercise wise I've been walking/ running alot I also go swimming and I do a bootcamp DVD 3-4 times a week.. I think that has been a massive help with the weight loss.

I've been on here since last September and with SW for 18ths ish? Took a long road last summer putting on a load I'd lost. Seem to be a bit staitic again at the moment? Nearly back to 3.5 st gone?As for exercise, I try to do some most weekdays. Mainly running or other exercise equipment. Cycling will start again when/ if the weather improves and I climb once or twice a week.

Afternoon all :) can't believe i've only just noticed this thread.

Best thing i've ever done since starting in Jan of this year, only wish i'd done it much much sooner. My wife got me into this.

I get to the gym 4 times a week, and make sure I do at least 45 mins cardio, running, bike and either cross trainer or stepper. I make up the other 30 mins with high rep low weight excercises. I also play golf and make sure i carry my bag, i was amazed at how many calories you burn on an average round carrying a bag !

Weight loss does seem to be slowing a bit, but it is still going in the right direction.

Good to see there are a few of us fellas around to compare notes.

Hiya guys,

Grats to all of you on your weight loss so far, just wish i weighed in at the weights you guys are down to :)

I have been doing this since Beginning of March for those of you who dont know me and i still have a long way to go yet but seeing threads like this help to keep focused.

Keep up the good work guys

Paul

Hey guys. Good to hear others comparing their info on exercise. I've been mainly out walking loads, swimming and a bootcamp DVD (biggest loser) today I went for it all started with swimming then bootcamp then a 3 mile walk then core 20. First time I tried core 20 today, and man am I gonna be sore tomorrow. At one point I felt like that guy from alien where the thing rips outta his stomach... The coach doing the core 20... She's hot but man what a sadistic ***** she is.!!! Lol today is what I call "last chance workout" cos it's weigh in tomorrow.

Back