Extra Easy Men losing faster than women !

cheeselover

My partner & I have been doing SW since the second of January & so far I've lost 7.5lbs and he's lost 12.5 !!
Now I do know that men lose faster than us girls and I'm thrilled for him as his family does have a history of heart problems , he's supporting me all the way & I'd like him to be as healthy as possible
BUT I want to say
IT'S NOT FAIR!!! :-(
I've been 100% , so has he but he used syns to have wine & I was too scared to!!
Is there anything at all I can do to speed myself up ??
I don't want to get left behind !!!

Rant over , anyone else experiencing this and how are you coping ??

I feel like this sometimes in group - my OH never did slimming world properly, so it wasn't someone I lived with! Maybe have extra speed foods to boost your loss as much as possible?

Also, I find that if I have less syns (i.e. less than 5 a day) I don't tend to lose as much - about 7 seems to be optimal for me. Play around with it and see what's best for you?

But either way congratulations to both of you on your losses so far!

Also, forgot to mention - was he heavier than you to start with? Obviously, that could make a difference, as could fat/muscle ratio.

Men have a higher metabolisam than us girls so they loose faster. When I used to do WW men were allowed more points.

Yep, i've experienced this (although im a man so i got the good end of the deal) i joined SW in the last week of september 2011 as one of my best friends, who had just had my god daughter not long before, was joining and invited me along.

Last weigh in my friend got her 1 and a half stone award which she was chuffed with, and this weigh in coming i should get my 3 stone award.

We've both been pretty good barring social events so its not like ive been way better than her at sticking to the plan. It just comes down to metabolism and other things that aren't really in your control.

I think its important to just remember that the weight didn't go on over night so it's fine for it to come off slowly too! :D

The important thing isn't how fast you get to target compared to how fast other people are, it's that you are happy with how your journey to looking and feeling fab is going! :)

Just keep up the good work at a pace that you feel comfortable with and try and enjoy the journey you're on!

Best of luck! :D

Thanks for all your responses ! I'm trying to eat as much super food as possible rather the more calorific free stuff !!
I'm in week 3 and for some reason I'm much hungrier the past few days , I've weigh in day tomorrow so I'm trying to keep off the heavy stuff !!

Try looking at it this way - men have to have some compensation for being such inferior creatures to us wonderful women, so you shouldn't begrudge them this small advantage! :D :D :D

I'm a guy and I'm a slow loser! Stick to plan the vast majority of the time and I'm 2 stone down from the middle of last July!

Your losses are actually really good. Dont fall into the trap of seeing it as a competition and not appreciating how well youre doing. 7.5lbs in 3 weeks is a great loss. Id say keep doing what youre doing :)

aesir22 said:
I'm a guy and I'm a slow loser! Stick to plan the vast majority of the time and I'm 2 stone down from the middle of last July!

Oooh that sounds good to me ! I guess we are all different , going down & not up however fast or slow has only got to be a good thing !

Starlight said:
Your losses are actually really good. Dont fall into the trap of seeing it as a competition and not appreciating how well youre doing. 7.5lbs in 3 weeks is a great loss. Id say keep doing what youre doing :)

Yes , it's quite funny really as I am very competitive with my boyfriend , only in a joking way and he's not said anything but encouraging stuff to me so I do need to practise what I preach and be happy to be losing !
I'm just so desperate to be getting into my smaller clothes !! Fed up with my FAT uniform , the usual cover up stuff & not feeling that I am looking my best !!
I've upped my exercise this week so that should help !!
Here's hoping !!

AnnaFaraday said:
Try looking at it this way - men have to have some compensation for being such inferior creatures to us wonderful women, so you shouldn't begrudge them this small advantage! :D :D :D

Tee hee !! I love this response ! Bless them !!
My man is an amazing support but it's so not fair that he can lose it twice as fast as me !!!
Oh well us ladies can run rings round them by just fluttering our eyelashes !! That's a plus for us !!

Men have more muscle mass than us girls, and muscle burns more calories (in comparison to fat) so it is quite normal for men to lose a lot quicker.
We tend to naturally have more fat due to the joys of being able to bear children etc.
Your both getting some great losses, and it's great that your on plan together, its possible you won't beat him on weekly weigh ins, but as you say it's great your both doing it.
I agree it's not fair lol

cheeselover said:
My partner & I have been doing SW since the second of January & so far I've lost 7.5lbs and he's lost 12.5 !!
Now I do know that men lose faster than us girls and I'm thrilled for him as his family does have a history of heart problems , he's supporting me all the way & I'd like him to be as healthy as possible
BUT I want to say
IT'S NOT FAIR!!! :-(
I've been 100% , so has he but he used syns to have wine & I was too scared to!!
Is there anything at all I can do to speed myself up ??
I don't want to get left behind !!!

Rant over , anyone else experiencing this and how are you coping ??

I had to get used to this as well when i 1st started SW & my OH ended up shrinking before my very eyes even though he was eating 4 hebs of cereal every morning, still having sugar in coffee etc - the difference was the other 2 meals were completely SW friendly, & apparently this was enough. I'm pretty sure i started a thread lime this at the time!

Back