MEN!!

Lou*

Silver Member
men r rubbish and i'm going to prove mine soooooooo wrong..

i was happily tucking into my sw chips, egg and beans (all frylight etc) as my fri night treat while he has pizza

so he looks at my plate laughs and says " thats diet food?? u'll never loose owt on this slimming world i bet no one does "

had to bite my lip, avoid an argument but when i am a size 12 i'll laugh in his face, thats if i dont smother him in his sleep first lol

thankfully the encouragement on here is alot nicer lol.. does anyone else have trouble getting partners onboard?

My husband said the same "mixing carbs and meat? That'll never work". Now 4.5 stone lighter he's started to think this thing might work! lol

Now come on, lets be fair...
Just because you've got an incosiderate pig for a husband, it's not fair to tar the rest of us with the same brush..
If you like you can tell him I've lost 5 1/2 stones since the beginning of september eating SW food so it definitely works..

With u there babe. Hubby said "well done" last night to my weight loss of week 1. It was 8lb and all I got was "well done" like I'd remembered to put the bin out or her was telling me how he wanted his steak. Ar@e!!!!

ColJack said:
Just because you've got an incosiderate pig for a husband, it's not fair to tar the rest of us with the same brush..
If you like you can tell him I've lost 5 1/2 stones since the beginning of september eating SW food so it definitely works..

Coljack, I wondered if you'd post on this thread lol I'm sure she didn't mean all the SW men ha-ha

My mum did that and I stopped eating and put weight on. Now she is on slimmers world and lost 3 lbs and it is right now. People can affect out diets. Just have to ignore it and keep going :) If only I listened to my own advice lol

Lets hope that now I have started to eat again I will loose it - fingers crossed!

Ahh but your a different breed of man init :cool:

Slimming world rocks and its not just men that are proven wrong by it! Go us! :D

*dons a cheerleading skirt and while flashing her rather attractive wonder woman knickers, and waving in randome intervals, red and white pom poms, does cartwheel across the screen, shout spelling G O..... U S!!!!!* :D

I'm so glad I have one of the nice ones, my boyfriend has always been supportive, and is now following the plan too!

I'm ok as hubby is on SW too, so we often look at our HUGE platefuls of yummy food, and comment "this 'diet' is great isn't it" :) last night we tucked in to 3 syn choccy mousse with fruit.

ha sorry, not all men xxx

i was going to explain the plan, but i just cant be a^%sd so i'll let him eat his own words .. .. the muppet he is xx

I hate that people think that about SW!! I don't think it helps that most people think that carbs are evil even though you need them to be alive.....
If I have dinner at my dad's house and make a big plate of pasta he's always going on about how you can't loose weight like that.
Each to there own though I say :)
And remember if he thinks you can't loose weight eating it, it must mean you're eating something really yummy!

My OH tries really hard to support me :D does all the Ohhhhs and ahhhhs in the right places when i've lost and the motivational bits when I gained over Xmas but just can't see why it doesn't help when he says 'oh go on just one curry won't hurt' or 'oh go on just one night on cider will be ok' or 'I won't bother either then - it's no fun on my own.....' Arrrggghhhh god love him but he makes it such hard work sometimes! :sigh:

but he's exactly right.. one curry or one cider every now and then won't hurt.. it may even be beneficial.. shake up your metabolism a bit..
still the "Oh I won't bother then" is a bit below the belt and a guilt trip..

wow some of you have had amazing weight loss! my husband is very supportive, i cant get my head around it but i will get the hang of it after a couple of weeks...i do think i need to be careful of too many carbs, i remember from last time i was told to do more red days

Back