Men's Propoints Allowance to High???

Davey1984

Hi All,

I just wondered if there were any men who were following Propoints but found their allowance too high??

I am really struggling to eat my daily Propoint Allowance of 58, and according to the calories, this seems really high.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Davey xxxx

Hi Davey,

I'm also ProPoint-ing, I'm on 56 a day but rarely eat that, I'm averaging around 45 at the moment but just eating when hungry rather than the sake of it and tbf I've had healthy losses- lost 11lbs over four weeks so nothing to extreme. How long you been doing PP for?

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for your reply.

I have started back on Propoints on Friday, but I followed it a few months ago and I just couldn't eat all my Propoints and felt like I was cheating by not using them all.

Wow ur weight loss is amazing! Do u have any tips??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh I wouldnt worry to much as long as your not going to bed hungry or with 20+ points left.

The one thing I do is to point fruit, I know its not plan but when you have fructose in your system your body cant burn fat so I wanted to make me only have one or two pieces of fruit a day an lots of veg. I point 2 for each piece of fruit and 4 for fruit salad altho I try and stick away from that.

Tbf tho Davey I think Ive lost well so far cos I have a lot to loose. How much do you need to loose for goal?

good luck!

I have got 6 stone to lose to get to goal, so I have a lot to lose too! So I hope my losses are as good as yours.

My daily Propoints are actually 54 and not 58, a mistake made by my leader, so that may help too.

The fruit thing sounds really good actually.

How r u finding it? I take it u never use ur weekly Propoints?

I must say that I agree. I'm currently on 57pp, but have been up as high as 64...and it's such a struggle to use that many up on a regular basis and am often eating something for the sake of it to use up a few points, or having a pint or two (with a pint of cider being 7pp, I find that's handy when I've got a few points to spare). It always struck me as odd, though, at meetings when the leader was telling us all to eat lots of fruit and veg so as not to "waste" our points, and there I'm thinking that if I do fill up on veg then I'm going to need to eat half a cow to use up my points.
Do think they should put a maximum cap on points in the same way that they have a minimum...cap it at 55pp maximum, maybe.

I must say that I agree. I'm currently on 57pp, but have been up as high as 64...and it's such a struggle to use that many up on a regular basis and am often eating something for the sake of it to use up a few points, or having a pint or two (with a pint of cider being 7pp, I find that's handy when I've got a few points to spare). It always struck me as odd, though, at meetings when the leader was telling us all to eat lots of fruit and veg so as not to "waste" our points, and there I'm thinking that if I do fill up on veg then I'm going to need to eat half a cow to use up my points.
Do think they should put a maximum cap on points in the same way that they have a minimum...cap it at 55pp maximum, maybe.

Totally agree with you, I just think it is incredibly high, and I am just going to eat to satisfaction, as long as I dont too little I should be okay.

Hi Bolero- eek I dont think Id have cider to fill it out haha how are you getting on with your weight loss if you dont mind me asking? and when did you start? :)

Davey- Very rarely use them, its basically only if I decide to go hard with the drink (On this try to only drink twice a week and only one of those is a full on drunk night) and even then as soon as I go into the weeklies I choose lower drinks e.g. from cider to then drinking vodka and diet coke. - But I track absolutely allll drinks and point it the next morning. When's your first week weigh in?

Also I'm liking that there are a few other guys on this forum! Always feel a bit bad posting a moan about how many PP I have :p

CambridgeCurtis said:
Hi Bolero- eek I dont think Id have cider to fill it out haha how are you getting on with your weight loss if you dont mind me asking? and when did you start? :)

Davey- Very rarely use them, its basically only if I decide to go hard with the drink (On this try to only drink twice a week and only one of those is a full on drunk night) and even then as soon as I go into the weeklies I choose lower drinks e.g. from cider to then drinking vodka and diet coke. - But I track absolutely allll drinks and point it the next morning. When's your first week weigh in?

Also I'm liking that there are a few other guys on this forum! Always feel a bit bad posting a moan about how many PP I have :p

My meeting is on Tuesday, so I went along yesterday and next week is my first official weigh in but I was doing Slimming World before so not really gonna get that first week weight loss.

I'm glad there is other guys on here too! Where u from? If u don't mind me asking?

Started back in July, although I'd done WW before on both the old points and Pro Points. Have lost about 19-pounds this time around, which I'm happy with. :) When I first did WW (about 3 years ago), I was about 7-stone heavier than I am now though. Had a lot to lose!

Davey- ahh :/ you never know thought tbh because I guess this is a change to your eating habits so it might be a bigger than norm loss? What made you swap from SW if you dont mind me asking? And I live in Reading atm, how about you?

Bolero- Woah well done! 7stone on the old plan I take it? well done though! how far away from goal are you now?

CambridgeCurtis said:
Davey- ahh :/ you never know thought tbh because I guess this is a change to your eating habits so it might be a bigger than norm loss? What made you swap from SW if you dont mind me asking? And I live in Reading atm, how about you?

Bolero- Woah well done! 7stone on the old plan I take it? well done though! how far away from goal are you now?

I changed from Slimming World because it just didn't fit into my hectic lifestyle, it was so hard to eat on the go especially when at work! And I found the plan so complicated, can't eat bread and cereal in the same day or milk and cheese in the same day! It just took so much planning! And had to have a 1/3 of ur plate of fruit or veg at every meal! It was just difficult and awkward! And my losses were so slow!

I live in Darenth in Kent, which is near Dartford!

Bolero - u have done amazing, I lost 8 and a half stone on the old switch plan (points and core), so I know weight watchers work!

Aye, it was on the old plan I lost all my weight. The plan works really well, and I just wish I had as much drive and determination as I did then. Still, will get there soon enough. :) Goal is 14-stone 4-pounds for me, so that's still a bit of a way to go (the better part of 5-stone more to lose).

Nice place Darenth. :) A Kentish Man myself, having been born and bred in Maidstone before we moved to Wales.

Aye, it was on the old plan I lost all my weight. The plan works really well, and I just wish I had as much drive and determination as I did then. Still, will get there soon enough. :) Goal is 14-stone 4-pounds for me, so that's still a bit of a way to go (the better part of 5-stone more to lose).

Nice place Darenth. :) A Kentish Man myself, having been born and bred in Maidstone before we moved to Wales.

I did really love the old plan, I just hope I can be as sucessful on this plan, how do you find that the 2 plans compare?
Do you use your weekly points? Do you always use your dailies or do you ever go under?

I love Darenth, it is such a country village feel, but not too far from the busy centre of Dartford / Bluewater.

woah davey have you put some of the 8 back on this time? Hope you dont mind me asking. Guess that would show maybe that old plan wasnt great for maintenance?

Nd fair enough Bolero do you still go to meetings?

CambridgeCurtis said:
woah davey have you put some of the 8 back on this time? Hope you dont mind me asking. Guess that would show maybe that old plan wasnt great for maintenance?

Nd fair enough Bolero do you still go to meetings?

I have put all the 8 back on, but yeah u r so right the old plan wasn't great for maintenance.

How u getting on?

ahh thats a shame. how long has it taken to put that back on? have you tried to identify why you put the weight on nd how you use food?

yeah im going well thanks! 11lbs so far but my scales this.morning say another 2lb gone!! altho I wait for official weigh in to actually count it. how bout you Davey?

how you getting on this week Bolero?

I did really love the old plan, I just hope I can be as sucessful on this plan, how do you find that the 2 plans compare?
Do you use your weekly points? Do you always use your dailies or do you ever go under?
I did prefer the old plan, to be honest. Seemed much more forgiving than pro points is, although I do like having zero points fruit. Depends with my weeklies if I'm having a drink or not. If I am, I'll use most of my weeklies up...49pp does 7 pints of cider quite nicely. lol. Try to use all my dailies, but don't always manage it. Got 17pp left today, and doubt I'll use them...I'm just not feeling hungry, and don't see the point in eating for the sake of it.

I do Weight Watchers online now, as I find it difficult to get to meetings with work. Do miss them in some respect, as it was nice to have easy access to the shop in meetings...and the boxes of mints and such always were a draw for me.

Had a gain this week, but I was on holidays last weekend so had expected that. Aiming to get my gain off for next week now. :)

ahh, do you find weeks that you drink you loose less? sorry bout your loss. Have you got a timeframe for getting to your goal?

Definitely it's harder to lose on weeks where I drink. I'm told it's something to do with bodies retaining more water when you drink alcohol, but I won't even pretend to understand the science behind it. Hopefully by Christmas next year I'll be at goal, but shall see what happens. :)

Back