Step 1 Sole Source Mentally struggling!

TealRose

Tomorrow is my 5th weigh in so far I've lost 1stone 6lbs which I'm please with. I've stuck to it 100% everyday which I'm proud of because it's not easy but now I'm struggling. I'm on 3 shakes a day which is fine because by no means am I hungry I actually struggle to have 3 shakes! But now I just want to eat I want to taste food and it's killing me! I don't want to move up and have even a little food until the plan says because I know from past diets as soon as I give my self an inch I take a mile! Im just having a down week I guess I've got 7 and a half stone to lose in total so I guess still having 6 to lose is making me feel like I'm on a never ending road with no light at the end

Aw, feel for you. :hug99: It used to be that every fifth week you had an add a meal week (if you search through the archives here you'll see it abbreviated to AAM), which basically meant you had a week of 810 (it was actually 790 back then) before returning to sole source. It was pretty handy to have it to look forward to but caused much angst for many of us because we were terrified of losing the plot and turning into eating monsters. Though actually, that didn't tend to happen, because the foods allowed, the green and white foods (veggies and chicken/turkey/quorn) were low in carbs so you tended to stay in ketosis. It was actually quite a struggle to eat - now that was a novelty!

So you might find that SS+ wouldn't have the effect you're expecting. But I completely understand about you wanting to hang on in there.

You've done so amazingly well, so a big :clap: :clap: :clap: for that! Well done!

You have done amazingly well and hopefully feel really proud of yourself. I am only in my 2nd week, but I am on SS+ and without that 4th meal I couldn't stick to this. Rather than seeing it as a negative, could this help and keep you sane? Have you spoken to CDC?

I hope I can me as good as you by week 5. Well done!

Heidi :)

Hi. I tried to write a response to you last night but my phone crashed ...... Anyway I totally get where you are coming from. I am definitely an all or nothing girl and was terrified of introducing food in case it sent me off on a binge. Saying that by week 9 I was really starting to need food and was thinking of moving up a step but I had a 2 week holiday planned and boy did I eat food then. I was actually really disappointed that I fell straight back into my old eating habits as I hoped I had conquered the food demons but obviously not yet. Its day 3 for me back on plan and will find out tonight how destructive that holiday was :(. I know this might not have helped you but I can sympathise with you and all I can suggest is that if you are really struggling then you try stepping up to the next step and introduce chicken etc even for just a week. You never know you might still have as good losses and enjoy having something to look forward to every day but for me its back to SS and remove food from my temptation !!!

I hope you manage to get over this hurdle as the losses are amazing and you have so well so far. Dont look at the big picture and take each day one day at a time .......... you can do it :D

Thanks for ur replies. :). Don't have the urge to eat as bad today but my crappy week ended with a crappy 1lb loss and now my CDC is on hols for 10 days! She is going to come see me the day she gets back which is good! I know if I can get through these 2 weeks I can see SS through to the end!

TealRose said:
Thanks for ur replies. :). Don't have the urge to eat as bad today but my crappy week ended with a crappy 1lb loss and now my CDC is on hols for 10 days! She is going to come see me the day she gets back which is good! I know if I can get through these 2 weeks I can see SS through to the end!

That's a good way of thinking :) well done so far, when you get through the next two weeks you will be set! I really can't say how much water has helped me so far. I'm a relative newb to this but can think of many occasions that water saved the day and really took me through.

I have a proper routine now, where I buy 2 2 Ltr bottles from tesco everyday (grand total of 86p) and know I have to drink one before Lucy time (I start work at 7am) and then the other by bed time. For the first few weeks I hated it, but forced it down, now it's a natural thing. Even to the extent that I'm finishing it all by 6pm and having a couple of pints of sparkling water throughout the evening... Give it a try :) and keep going :)

Back