Menu ideas for weekend away?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by BridgetF, 22 January 2009 Social URL.

1. BridgetF

BridgetF Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(11.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi
    We're off to centre parks tomorrow for the weekend and I need to plan the food. We're totally broke so shan't be eating in the restaurants and will be cooking in the chalet thing.

We normally eat later than the kids in the evening so have so far been able to eat different meals but we'll all be eating together and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what we can all have that means I won't be going to far astray.

I prefer green days although am happy to throw in a bit of red too!

Many thanks

Bridget

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shannonbitzy

shannonbitzy Full Member

oo lovely, hope you have a nice time, i would make things like jacket potatoes with beans and cheese, cheese and bacon , pasta dishes with low syn tomatoey sauce made with passata and herbs and garlic, or salads and cold pasta mad ewith tuna, sweetcorn and low fat mayo, my kids will eat all of this kind of thing, syn free chips and egg, most of these kind of dishes shouldnt mean you slaving over a cooker too long too on your holiday,
    take lots of tins of beans, potatoes , pasta n sauce, eggs, infact take as much as you can with you as im sure CP will fleece the life out of you in the shops!
    let us know how you get on
    xx

4. BridgetF

BridgetF Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(11.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks so much for this- really helpful ideas. And good point about not slaving over a cooker!! So my shopping list looks like this:

Milk
    Eggs
    Cereal (kids)
    Bacon
    Cheese
    Pasta
    Potatoes
    tins tomatoes
    Bakes beans
    FRY LIGHT!!
    Pasta
    Lean steak mince

Loads of fruit & Veg

and yes, shall be shopping outside of cp - it's not so much that it;s massively expensive, you just have to lug it all on the bike!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.