Merchant gourmet couscous

Hi all. Not sure if this is a new product as can't find it in my book or on a search. I've had half a pack of merchant gourmet ready to eat couscous - I mixed in cooked chicken and salad leaves and it was yum! I will syn it as a flavoured couscous ( tomato) but wondered if anyone knew if it was a bit higher in syns with it being ready to eat? Thought it might have been in sw mag or something?

Hi all. Not sure if this is a new product as can't find it in my book or on a search. I've had half a pack of merchant gourmet ready to eat couscous - I mixed in cooked chicken and salad leaves and it was yum! I will syn it as a flavoured couscous ( tomato) but wondered if anyone knew if it was a bit higher in syns with it being ready to eat? Thought it might have been in sw mag or something?
I couldn't find the nutritional information for ready-to-eat couscous, but I did find it for one of their other ready-to-eat products and as I thought, there is oil in it. 5% olive oil, in fact.Sainsbury's online groceries the back of your packet - if it has oil as an ingredient then yes, it will be extra syns. Don't know how many, but personally I would add about five syns.

Well I was guessing at five for the packet going by micro rice packs. Info per 100g is 841kj/200kcal, protein 5.8g, carbs 27.3g, fat 6,9g, fibre 3g, sodium 0.3g.
Thanks for the help though!

4 Syns per 100g. Dont know how many 100g in a packet though.

ermintrude said:
4 Syns per 100g. Dont know how many 100g in a packet though.

Thank you very much - 250g per pouch for anyone who buys it but like I say, half was plenty when bulked up with chicken and salad. A bit of a waste of syns maybe but good for a tasty quick fix!

Back