merrrr, so demoralised

Freyj4z

I just cannnott get my head around it at the moment!!! Driving me mad i joined in decemeber and i still havent got my stone yet, everytime i get close to it i self sabotage and put on!!!! Im so annoyed with myself, but i am not giving up, im changing groups and i am starting from fresh next week, and it doesnt matter how much ive put on!! Fed up of feeling so guilty all the time!

The guilt will just make it worse, so stop feeling guilty!
You're trying to break the habits off a lifetime, it's hard so cut yourself some slack! :)
Keep planning your meals and going to group, the weight will come off.

I know!!! I just cant stop feeling guilty!!! I am gonna religiously stay to group every week until its gone!! If anyone has any tips for me, my healthy extra b is my downfall!!!

I joined last October and only just got my stone award last Thursday. Have you tried filling in a food diary and counting your syns backwards. This worked for me as the week I done it I lost 4.5lbs. I also feel it helps (when I can) staying to group that way i can get ideas for food from others that I might not have tried

I havent i will try that!!! Finding it so hard at the moment we also have a facebook group and i find that really stressful becausr there are 2 people on that site that have lost alot of weight although im very happy for them, they post pictures of themselves every day, and have been doing it for months now, and it really puts me off!!! My friend that was going with me has just quit!! But i will not!!

My HEB for the past week has been bread of some sort, toast or a sandwich.
i know I can't touch crispbreads with a barge pole because I can eat 10 of them in a go!
i know a lot of people eat ryvita with light Philly and veggies, is that something that would work for you as a snack?

don't worry, I've been doing this since January 100% days and only lost 4lbs so far. Talk about wanting to give up, but I know there is a problem somewhere I'm just trying to figure out where and yes I do weigh and measure everything. You're not alone

Ahhh thats a good point i might try ryvita, because bread for me is my downfall, i want it all the time!!! I know where im going wrong, its just trying to stop myself that is the problem, im not even sure why ive done this if im honest, but i will do it, and i dont wanna give up, i just wish i could get my head around it is all,

I know, I'm the same with crisps as well, I can't keep them in the house!
I'm just taking it one meal at a time for the minute. :)

I had to stop eating bread too, the amount in a hexb just wasnt enough and it was annoying me. So now I use my HexB at breakfast time, find shreddies really filling, but I have museli, fruit and yogurt alot of mornings cos its quick and keeps me going till lunch.

Agree with the other posters, if you keep blaming yourself or telling yourself you are doing it wrong then you will start to believe it and it will be an endless cycle.
Forget about what happened before and only focus on going forward. You can be one of those members posting pics of your fab new body!
Plan plan and plan some more. I find the plan almost impossible if I dont plan my meals. And i save loads of money by doing it!

Good luck with your new meeting, cut yourself some slack hun!

If you're finding it difficult to pin point the problem post a food diary there are many on here willing to help
Good luck don't give up

No end of support for you on here!
Starting a food diary is a great idea, it's nice to have people you're doing it right! :)

Thanks everyone :) i am just taking it how it comes until i start again on thursday, i know the end results will be so much more rewarding than food!! Just gotta knuckle down!!

I know!!! I just cant stop feeling guilty!!! I am gonna religiously stay to group every week until its gone!! If anyone has any tips for me, my healthy extra b is my downfall!!!

if your b is your downfall why not use your b choice for a tbsp of olive oil to use in cooking and dressings and avoid bread and bread/ cereal products totally xx

also try having a think and jot down the ways you self sabotage and have a think about your thoughts/ feelings (or other people) that may cause you to go off track.....
i used to be a compulsive weigher id be on those scales 3-4 times a day and if i weighed less id think ....ive lost more than i thought so i can cheat n have a cake ...not good but i now am stopping myself weighing as often and instead of reaching for the cake if i weigh alot less than expected i just go to sw hoping for slimmer of the week :)

I just cannnott get my head around it at the moment!!! Driving me mad i joined in decemeber and i still havent got my stone yet, everytime i get close to it i self sabotage and put on!!!! Im so annoyed with myself, but i am not giving up, im changing groups and i am starting from fresh next week, and it doesnt matter how much ive put on!! Fed up of feeling so guilty all the time!

Hey hun
You are not alone, I joined a SW class on 30th Oct and got my half a stone award but then I had everything happen to me at once, a death in family, money trouble, work problems and family problems so I stopped going to class because my mind just hasn't been in it.

I've only lost 4lbs sine joining which is rubbish I know but at the same time I think we'll it is better than gaining.
I go to Mexico soon so once I've been I will come back and rejoin and then this is "MY TIME".
I'm also going to be taking up some exercise too as I want this year to be my year xxx

Sometimes the award phobia kicks in, so what about some reverse psychology? Tell yourself you're sticking to plan to maintain this week, everytime you feel yourself thinking about losing, stop and say to yourself that you know you're going to maintain. Sometimes it's when you give up that it starts to move. Don't think I've ever hit a target like 7lbs, a stone, etc. spot on. I either put on, maintain or pass it by by a half pound or a pound - nuts!

I am terrible for weighing myself, i will weigh myself 5 times a day sometimes, ive taken a piece of easter choc and ive put it on the side, i want tp leave it there for a week and see if i dont touch it....and gonna do the same with a piece of bread, but ill do so well and then thats it ill get town to nearly my stone and ill be like its ok i can go and get a burger from spoons ive earnt it....i need to trwat myself in different ways i thinkm...like maybe buy something small everytime i get to a milestone...

I've spent the best part of 12 years starting and restarting one diet or another. If your head aint in the right place it's easy to beat yourself up and feel demotivated. I am bored of bumping into old friends or acquaintances who have lost loads of weight... I want it to be my turn. You can do this. Just start with a little goal.
Bread is like crack to me, so I totally understand why some people choose to not have any at all.

Well done for trying again. If you slip up just draw a line under it and start again.
We can all do this. This is your year.
xx

I've spent the best part of 12 years starting and restarting one diet or another. If your head aint in the right place it's easy to beat yourself up and feel demotivated. I am bored of bumping into old friends or acquaintances who have lost loads of weight... I want it to be my turn. You can do this. Just start with a little goal.
Bread is like crack to me, so I totally understand why some people choose to not have any at all.

Well done for trying again. If you slip up just draw a line under it and start again.
We can all do this. This is your year.
xx

That's exactly what I think. I feel that my head is in the right place now. I've never felt as positive about getting to target.

Back