Mexico!

charlie99

Hi planning on going to Mexico later this year very excited but not sure whether to book cancun or playa del carmen, has anyone been to both and can recommend? looking for somewhere with a bit of nightlife but not ott! thanks x

Hi Charlie

I went to the Iberostar Quetzal/Tucan in Playacar, about. 3km from Playa del Carmen and I had the most amazing holiday the hotel has a managed jungle area with a range of wild animals roaming around the hotel from Howler Monkey's to Lemurs.

I haven't been to Cancun but was told by friends that Playacar is nicer (obviously just their opinion) the water was crystal clear and the beach to die for there are also trips you can do I went to Tulum only about an hours drive and Cozumel the island which is popular with cruise ships and only 20km away from the mainland. There is also Chichen Itza to visit I didn't go but my patents have been and say its better then Tulum.

The area is also great for diving and I went on a snorkelling trip around the beautiful coral reefs and the marine life was brilliant especially the sea turtles.

Playacar is a bit quiet but the Thomas cook reps did a tour to coco bongos for over 18's only. Within playa del Carmen there are bars such as senior frogs and various other chains to visit along 5th avenue. Our hotel had a brilliant entertainment team and the shows were well worth watching!

Right I might have bored you enough now I'm a huge fan and considered going back this year maybe next year! Hope that's helped even a little

it does help thank you! think we have decided on play del carmen we got 10 nights all inclusive for £850 each dont think thats too bad! and its a 4/5 star hotel. cant wait now and more incentive to get the weight off!x

That's a really good price, which hotel are you staying at if you don't mind me asking?

You'll have a brilliant time!

Oh you'll have a brilliant time, I nearly moved to the Sandos beach resort whilst we were there and that hotel was beautiful enjoy x

Hiya, sorry i dont agree that Cancun is nicer than Playacar or Playa Del Carmen. It had more designer shops and the themed overpriced restaurants i.e. Hardrock n Planet Hollywoods but it would not be my first choice to stay in Mexico. Playacar and the Riu hotels are a must, but everyone has different tastes in holidays, so know one is ever right.

Back