mid forties and desparate

lonestar101

Hallo just joined sw for about the tenth time
feel absolutely overwhelmed by what I have to lose and keep burying my head in the sand about it
would be nice to hear from any one who is in a similar boat
love s x:eek:

Hey there, me too.

Come on we can do it

One ikkle step at a time

Welcome! Don't worry, you'll do it for good this time round, especially with all the support and ideas on here!

This might just be your time, so have faith and take it little step by little step :) I never thought I'd really get as far as I have when I started, but I am so glad that I've finally made it work for me x

That was me 2 years ago! You can do it if you set your mind to it!

I am in the same boat and I am disabled so cannot get to meetings but with the help of a friend on SW I am giving it a good go. I am terrified of getting on the scales but I am going off clothes and I have dropped a dress size so something is working. I have another 5 dress sizes to go and find because I am working in sizes it doesn't seem as down heartening as saying I have 7 stone to lose. xxx

Forgot to add, at hospital or doctors visits I tell them never to tell me my weight but I know my BMI which hopefully I will see creep down.

I'm heading for late 40's!! Well actually I'm still nearer "mid" than "late" but definitely nearer 50 than 40 :(

Hope now is the right time for you xx

I'm in my 50's but still know how you feel!

I buried my head in the sand for years until a holiday photo made me see myself as I really was! There's been a few hiccups along the way but I'm gradually getting there.

As for age, don't worry about it! My gran always said that age was just a number after your name. Now that I'm a gran myself, i know that she was right! :)

Welcome along, please don't feel upset and overwhelmed about what you need to lose. You've taken the first steps on your journey and we're all here to help and support you. As the others have said you need to set small goals so don't think about the end of the road, think about all the places you'll be visiting along the way :D

Welcome to SW & this forum.
Don't leave your weight problem until it's too late! I nearly did, after my 2nd stroke it finely hit me that I had to do something to reduce my weight!
Following the SW plan has saved my life & now I wished that I had listened to others years ago, I am almost 67 so I wonder what It would have been like if I had tried SW years ago.....
Pete

Back