1. Change

Change Member

Hello all.

Mentality is the key to everything and in my previous attempts to lose weight, my mentality wasn't in the right frame of mind. This time I've got my mentality round and I'm doing fine, so far, but there is one thing I am struggling on... midnight food! :mad:

For previous years it has become second nature to just pick up some food at night, at around 12 am, and this is something which I really really need to fix and I can't. I've just done my first week of my diet, every day has been fine, but two nights I've ate food at night. :cry:

Is there any advice for someone trying to break away from this, as I know this will be my downfall. :(

Thank you for any help. :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chocolate_bananas

chocolate_bananas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.69%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Don't be too hard on yourself, you are trying to break a habit, and habits are difficult to break especially when you have had them for so long.

My advice is to find a new routine at night until you lose the urge to snack at a certain time. It's going to take a bit or determination for at lease a couple of weeks i would say.

I was in the habit of snacking at night, at around 8-9pm. Instead i exercise now then take a bath, or study. I don't feel the urge now even when i don't do those things.

You could also try setting aside a healthy plate for the midnight munchies, that way you are not depriving yourself and at the same time not doing too much damage. I just don't trust myself to do that, i will start making toast and all sorts once i start eating and it is likely to turn into a bit of a binge :eek:

4. Harriet101

Harriet101 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.57%)
    Diet:
    None
    That is great advice.

Grazing at night is my downfall so I am tweaking the environment - having all food put away before the late night tiredness hunger kicks in

You could bribe yself - as a reward for not eating AND instead of eating get onto amazon and treat yourself to a cheap book or CD or DVD

5. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I treat myself to an eBay bargain book every three days that I don't binge eat? It really has helped me coz A) I love books!!! And I'll do quite a lot to get one! And B) reading them all keeps me out the biscuit tin lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.