Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Migraines and sugar

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Shirleen, 22 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've had two migraines in three days, I feel yucky and today had a craving for sugar, tried to sate the craving with doet coke but didn't work.

So have blown about 10 syns on Mikado.
    But ordinarily I don't bother with chocolate so I feel a bit cheated lol!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. peggypig

peggypig Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(20.43%)
    Diet:
    sw extra easy & green
    Sometimes its really difficult to not give into a craving and I would just pass the 10 syns off as undeniable so to speak.

Years ago when I had periods I would be desperate for a Mars bar probably because it was the sweetest thing I could (normally dont like them) but these things happen and we have to move on. Sorry you dont feel great I hope you feel better soon.

4. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks, I've just thought that maybe it's hormonal, I had a hysterectomy last August but still have my ovaries and still get PMT a bit!

I'm going to write off the 10 syns as medicinal!!!

5. peggypig

peggypig Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(20.43%)
    Diet:
    sw extra easy & green
    I had same op 12 years ago was 8st 2 at the time couldnt keep weight on. I do think you gain weight after the operation but it has to be worked at to keep it off I didnt and it just crept up on me ha ha!!!

Ive stopped having sugary things in the house now cant be trusted.

Its a good idea the medicinal one

6. tsmith77

tsmith77 Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi shirleen, I feel your pain. I had a migraine yesterday and it wiped me out for 6 hours, came on in sainsburys, had to abandon the shopping and call my husband to come and get me! Was the full works, blurred vision, speech etc, people must have thought I was drunk! I can never face anything to eat whilst it's happening but really wanted something plain and carby when I 'came to' so had some toast, like you I consider it medicinal!

7. bunnylovesalan

bunnylovesalan Proud Mama :)

I don't crave anything when I have a mirgrane, I just tend to puke up and empty my stomach :(

8. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always fancy something sweet after a migraine, sometimes I can do without or work around it!

9. cherry-pie

cherry-pie Trying again in 2012

Start Weight:
    25st8lb
    Current Weight:
    24st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You poor thing, hope you're feeling better now? 10 syns is nothing in the big scheme of things - and mikados are yummy!!! Perhaps its weather / atmospherics as I've been wiped out by a three day headache leading into a migraine this week. Glad its a long weekend now to recover!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.