milk - can anyone advise

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by flowey, 5 March 2009 Social URL.

1. flowey

flowey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I'm currently doing 100% on CD (wk2) but I sooooooooooooo miss a little milk in the occasional coffee. I can take the diet of just three shakes and water +++ each day. But coffee with a little milk is my thing.
    On ss+ you can have 4 shakes and 200ml of s.milk ?i think. So a half way measure would be 3 shakes and 200ml milk or is this cheating?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sleepybird

sleepybird wants a pony

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(7.86%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I might get shouted down but i think its a very good idea personally if you dont want to go onto SS+. I couldnt get by without my milk so i feel your pain lol! You are still gonna lose weight but make sure it is skimmed milk :)

4. likealobster

likealobster Full Member

I am on SS and my CDC said if I needed to have milk in tea and coffee I could have it in about 3/4 cups a day but it is important that it is skimmed.

5. flowey

flowey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    ooo ta guys. may have to have a drop. its my comforting thing. you've made my evening, found it a little tough today but am hanging in there!

sleepybird likes this.
  6. sarah 747

sarah 747 Full Member

hi im on ss and i have skimmed milk in my coffee and tea and i have lost just over 3 stone

7. biltsy

biltsy Peggy McParrot

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(20.7%)
    Diet:
    cd started 19/1 09 now ww started 1/4/09
  8. flowey

flowey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Okay may have to have a couple of coffee's a day with s.milk. May help me to get through this. Looking at you guys and your weight loss has given me the confidence. I don't want to break my diet over a little milk! Ta for posting.

9. sleepybird

sleepybird wants a pony

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(7.86%)
    Diet:
    CD
    If something can make this ride easier, then im all for it and a bit of skimmed milk isn't the end of the world. IMO, although there are guidelines set for the diet for a good reason, it has to fit in with your life or it wont work. My best friend and I always used to meet in town at least once a week for hot choc and carrot cake (yum) and a gossip but as she's on the diet too, we compromise and still have the gossip but have a small skinny latte each and just drool over the cake in the display cabinet! :drool:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.