• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Milk? Can I count carbs?

minxie

One day at a time!
S: 15st3lb C: 14st9lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 35.2 Loss: 0st8lb(3.76%)
Hi everyone - hope Easter was good for everyone:)

A disappointing WI this week with no further loss - was tempted to give up but have decided that I must give it longer to work (though I'm going on hols in less than 2 weeks and wanted to lose more:().

Anyway question time - if I count the carbs can I put milk into a cup of tea? I'd only have 2 in a day and only like the smallest splash anyway so not many carbs I expect. Can anyone advise me?

Thanks!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

StephenP

Mines a V&T Please
S: 14st8lb C: 13st0lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 1st8lb(10.78%)
Switch to soya milk much better

minxie

One day at a time!
Sorry, can't stand it! Nasty taste and "mouth feel"!

andi

Bye bye bellies!!!
Hi Minxie

I stayed the same this week too and was disappointed but I think that its such a drastic change for me that I have to give my body a chance to adjust so im sticking with it for now. I have milk everyday - though I mostly have soya milk in my 5 or so cups of tea I would have the odd one with milk (if im not at home) and I add milk to my soya latte's as it helps to take the edge of the soya taste. I think if you count it its fine.
Good luck for next week.

Andi x

Jim

Big Boy
S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
I'm sure those few drops in a cup wont do much harm, just count the carbs in Minxie

I water down single cream in a 4/1 ratio.

Takes a little getting used to (probably less if you use semi or whole) but it's worth it IMO.

S: 19st6.9lb C: 17st13.3lb G: 12st8.4lb BMI: 35 Loss: 1st7.6lb(7.91%)
Is soya milk allowed then? I used to drink soya a while ago before changing to semi.

StephenP

Mines a V&T Please
S: 14st8lb C: 13st0lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 1st8lb(10.78%)
Yeah been drinking in my teas for over a year

S: 19st6.9lb C: 17st13.3lb G: 12st8.4lb BMI: 35 Loss: 1st7.6lb(7.91%)
Just out of interest Minxie, have you been sticking to the diet one hundred percent? It may be you're inadvertently eating something that is stalling you?

minxie

One day at a time!
Hi everyone - thanks very much for your replies. I think I will continue with the milk and count the carbs, and limit it to 2 cups a day.

And yes to NekoZombie - I am sticking 100% to the plan, not a single cheat has passed my lips.....I'm just going to carry on and see what happens:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slimming World - Healthy Extras 2
Ask MiniMins 0
Syn Values 2
Syn Values 4
Slimming World 6