milk

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by beccaharrison89, 15 February 2011 Social URL.

1. beccaharrison89

beccaharrison89 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    if i go over on my healthy extra a semi skimmed milk allowance of 250g, how many syns is it for more milk?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    milk has no free food allowance. So it will be 1 syn for every 20 calories.

4. beccaharrison89

Diet:
    slimming world
    so am i ok to use my 250g semi skimmed milk as my hex a? and then anything over i have to syn ?

5. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    it is 250 "ml" of semi skimmed as a Healthy Extra A. Although for alot of things ml's = the same in grams, it is not always the case, as ml's are volume and grams are weight. So you are better off measuring out 250ml in a jug.

But yes anything you use over that will need to be synned.

6. beccaharrison89

Diet:
    slimming world
    oops!!! so far i havent really been weighing out my milk, and i have been using it as a hex a every day since being on the plan.in a day i have a few teas and coffees with milk in, weetabix with milk in and often scrambled egg with bit of milk in too

7. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Well as per book one tbsp of full fat is 0.5 syn 2 tbsp of semi skimmed is 0.5 syns and skimmed milk is 3 tbsp for 0.5 syns. Its all in your food optimizing book :D

8. beccaharrison89

Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks for that,was panicing i was using too many. i need to start measuring my milk to make sure i not going too far

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.