MIM Question............?

Dawnejoy

Gold Member
Hi my name is Dawn and I am currently following the Harcombe Plan, which is low carb natural foods, nothing processed and so far in 7 weeks have lost 14lbs which I am very happy about, but like many low carbers I am struggling with breakfast. On THD it is not recommended to have flax seed until you have lost all of the weight you want to lose. I, however have decided to tweak the diet slightly because I just could not stomach eating eggs any which way again for breakfast :( Through reading on the Atkins threads I discovered MIM and it has worked really well for me and hasn't seemed to slow my weight loss at all.....................so to the question (finally) is there a limit to how many times or how often a MIM can be eaten during a day/week? so far I have had one every day for breakfast and today I had another one at lunch with butter, cream cheese and bacon which was really tasty, but set me to thinking that maybe a MIM twice a day would not be a good idea.......................thoughts anyone..............thats if you have managed to wend your way through my waffle.....:)

Hi there, I try to only have 1-2 a week, just because I worry that they will slow my loss down. I do enjoy them though toasted with cream cheese!

Thanks for the reply, sounds like I might be on overload then :giggle:, tho I did still lose 2lb this week, I may monitor it and see if it does have an impact as I like having them toasted with cheese for breakfast. I just wondered if there was a recommended amount of flax per week. Its funny how our bodies are, how what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another.

I made one a couple of weeks ago with cocoa powder , ate it with double cream, it was like a rich chocolate pudding, very tasty!

OOOHHHH Please tell me what make of cocoa powder and how much as that sounds right up my street as I'm often looking for something sweet to eat :) I take it other than the cocoa the other quantities were as normal?

Hi I used sainsburys unsweetened cocoa powder, 1tbsp, I added 1 tbsp sweetener, have you seen the mims stickie thread? It will give you loads of lovely ideas, coconut mims, mims pizza base, mims loaf etc. It can be a real life saver when you need that bready texture! :)

I will wend my way over there now.............thank you so much for all your help xx

Back