mini challenge anyone?

time2go

Gold Member
A couple of people, I have noticed, seem to be interested in a 24 hour fasting period. Monday was mentioned, would anyone be interested? Not strict about what actual 24 hours and an individuals choice of tea/coffee intake or not. I have been looking into this and it does seem to be beneficial for health and it may help us with our weight loss? x

Yep count me in Mon is perfect for me, I will have to have my milk allowance though as can't do without my tea/coffe, I have just done one today :)

I'll try - but might have to do it Wednesday. (the day after an UD I WANT more food - so I'd need to gently lower them in order to succeed)

gentoo/aptenny

yay! welcome on board. we cud just try do one in a week x

Hey I'd love to join you I did a 24 hour fast today, it was tough but mind you I have been eating soo much lately so maybe my body was in shock lol. I've fasted in the past and have lost 2.5 stones x

Its actually longer than 24 hrs , I ate at 8pm yesterday , I havent eaten all day and won't until brekkie tomorrow about 9am, so thats 33 hrs !!

there is quite a few of us in the end, will we do a list?

time2go: 0/1

Im not going to do 33 hrs this week - there's no evidence that it's good for women (who benefit less than men from long fasts) and I find it very stressful - I don't get good sleep on an empty stomach, so (in theory) will release more cortisol and store more fat. I think fasting is an individual thing and it's good to build up. I'll stick with 24 hrs until I find it easier then consider 33 hrs.

So my plan is to stop eating at 6pm sun, and not eat again til 6pm mon. On mon eve I'll limit my cals to 400 (DD) high fat, med protein, low carb, and have an up day on tues. I'll effectively be doing a DD combined with a 24 hr fast.

I do't intentionally not eat for 33 hrs;) I just
worked it out while on here last night , although technically my dd ends at 12am I am in bed then and don't have breakfast till 9 ish so thats just how it works out! I am sure 24 hrs is more than enough :)

I will be doing the fast today after a weekend of gross excess :eek: Anyone else still up for it, I will just be having my milk allowance so should total 150 tops, last ate at 10pm wont eat now until about 9am tomorrow about 35 hrs?

Count me in ladies. After a far too indulgent weekend I think my body needs a break. I've not quite got the hang of these up days and seem to see it as an excuse to binge. I stopped eating at 8ish last night and will try fast until tomorrow morning. Xx

Count me in ladies. After a far too indulgent weekend I think my body needs a break. I've not quite got the hang of these up days and seem to see it as an excuse to binge. I stopped eating at 8ish last night and will try fast until tomorrow morning. Xx

yes, me too - i always binge on my up days too :-/ and i am talking like 3500 calories. not this week though, starting today with a fast! had my morning tea as i do not think i cud do without it and I am aiming to only have water now, seeing how i get on! i can see a bath and early night. I ate at 9pm - tea and biscuits. That should be me till tomorrow morning too. good luck

time2go 0/1

copy n paste yourself into the list? x

Sorry to be thick but what does 0/1 mean? I can then coy myself in, lol

0 OF 1 day complete, sorry x

Don't apologise it was me being thick, ha ha x

time2go 0/1
bajoleth 0/1

now we are cooking !! well not literally as we are not eating but you know what I mean !!

no, no cooking today! tomorrow though x

i came across a carrot cake i was given yesterday by my team. they know it is my favourite and having been on a vlcd they knew i hadnt had any so they bought me one, well did i not just forget about it n left it in the car to be found today whilst taking the kiddies to nursery.... and i am a bit stressed and grumpy today so i nearly just ate it but decided to have it with a cup of tea. but i resisted! i am not gonna have it, thanks to the support of u guys x

Back