Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Mini goals

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by toller-girl, 27 February 2008 Social URL.

1. toller-girl

toller-girl constantly confused

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    was Lighter Life, now Cambridge Diet
    I'm currently struggling cos of feeling poorly and about to go away for a scary trip driving for about 20 hours in a few days (through foreign countries :eek: ) so I'm trying to keep myself on course by focussing on my first mini goals.

So, they are:

1st mini goal:
    Lose 10% of my starting weight - 5lbs to go

2nd mini goal:
    1 week of daily exercise (shamelessly nicked from BL!) week commencing 10th March.

3rd mini goal:
    'overweight' BMI - 17lbs to go.

I'll add them to my signature I think. :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Good girl! Its good to have mini goals - keeps the fire burning.

Where are you going that is scary!? I LOVE road trips!!! You will see a lot of things I bet!!! I hope its a fun trip too and not just a scary one? :)

4. toller-girl

toller-girl constantly confused

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    was Lighter Life, now Cambridge Diet
    It'll be fun if I can get rid of this cold!

I have a Danish friend who's moving to the UK with her pets. I have to drive 5 hours down to Harwich to get ferry to Denmark, then 2 hours to her house, and then I have to drive 7 hours to Holland because that's the only port that lets you sail with pets! Then to Watford, then about 6 hours back home!

I'm so nice ;) :D

The only thing I'm nervous about is the 2 hours across Denmark cos I'll be on my own then, and it's on the other side of the road (eek!)

5. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good on you toller girl, I wish you were my friend.:D

I am feeling poorly too and finding the water difficult. Hope we both feel better soon.;)

Good luck on your journey to Denmark. I have driven on the wrong side and it is scary at first, but you soon get used to it.

6. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge

Ohhhh, you mean you will have to drive on the right side of the road. The correct side. :D (I have to say that cause I'm a yank :D)

That was a bit to adjust to when I moved over here....this worked for me:

You know the song "Always look on the bright side of life"?

Well, I sang that in my head over and over and over again but I sang, "Always drive on the left side of the road....da dum da dum da dum..." and I just kept singing it to remind myself and it worked. You could sing, "Always drive on the right side of the road!" :D

Have a great time - sounds like a really good time to me!!! And I hope you feel much much better!!!

XX

7. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Your trip sounds like it will be great Toller, I'd love that .... you're very brave I've got to say.

Good idea re your goals, I really find they help me --- and I always break my weight loss aims down too so that they are down to stones, half stones, 5% - 10% etc and also going down to the next number --- usually means there's a 'goal' every few pounds.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.