Mini goals

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by toller-girl, 27 February 2008 Social URL.

1. toller-girl

toller-girl constantly confused

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    was Lighter Life, now Cambridge Diet
    I'm currently struggling cos of feeling poorly and about to go away for a scary trip driving for about 20 hours in a few days (through foreign countries :eek: ) so I'm trying to keep myself on course by focussing on my first mini goals.

So, they are:

1st mini goal:
    Lose 10% of my starting weight - 5lbs to go

2nd mini goal:
    1 week of daily exercise (shamelessly nicked from BL!) week commencing 10th March.

3rd mini goal:
    'overweight' BMI - 17lbs to go.

I'll add them to my signature I think. :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Good girl! Its good to have mini goals - keeps the fire burning.

Where are you going that is scary!? I LOVE road trips!!! You will see a lot of things I bet!!! I hope its a fun trip too and not just a scary one? :)

4. toller-girl

toller-girl constantly confused

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    was Lighter Life, now Cambridge Diet
    It'll be fun if I can get rid of this cold!

I have a Danish friend who's moving to the UK with her pets. I have to drive 5 hours down to Harwich to get ferry to Denmark, then 2 hours to her house, and then I have to drive 7 hours to Holland because that's the only port that lets you sail with pets! Then to Watford, then about 6 hours back home!

I'm so nice ;) :D

The only thing I'm nervous about is the 2 hours across Denmark cos I'll be on my own then, and it's on the other side of the road (eek!)

5. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good on you toller girl, I wish you were my friend.:D

I am feeling poorly too and finding the water difficult. Hope we both feel better soon.;)

Good luck on your journey to Denmark. I have driven on the wrong side and it is scary at first, but you soon get used to it.

6. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge

Ohhhh, you mean you will have to drive on the right side of the road. The correct side. :D (I have to say that cause I'm a yank :D)

That was a bit to adjust to when I moved over here....this worked for me:

You know the song "Always look on the bright side of life"?

Well, I sang that in my head over and over and over again but I sang, "Always drive on the left side of the road....da dum da dum da dum..." and I just kept singing it to remind myself and it worked. You could sing, "Always drive on the right side of the road!" :D

Have a great time - sounds like a really good time to me!!! And I hope you feel much much better!!!

XX

7. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Your trip sounds like it will be great Toller, I'd love that .... you're very brave I've got to say.

Good idea re your goals, I really find they help me --- and I always break my weight loss aims down too so that they are down to stones, half stones, 5% - 10% etc and also going down to the next number --- usually means there's a 'goal' every few pounds.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.